all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* normal user cant t login
@ 2017-02-19 12:29 Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-02-19 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

So I managed to install GuixSD

When logging in as a normal user, I get taken back to the login screen

I have these partitions:

/
/boot
/home
swap

I report this because I remember this issue has been reported on the irc
channel and it had to do with the partitions layout.

Thanks

* Re: normal user cant t login
@ 2017-03-02 13:00 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2017-03-02 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Catonano; +Cc: help-guix

Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> writes:

> So I managed to install GuixSD
>
> When logging in as a normal user, I get taken back to the login screen
>
> I have these partitions:
>
> /
> /boot
> /home
> swap
>
> I report this because I remember this issue has been reported on the irc
> channel and it had to do with the partitions layout.

By default users don’t have passwords.  You need to log in as root on a
VT (e.g. after hitting Ctrl-Alt-F1) and then set the password for that
user.

~~ Ricardo

* Re: normal user cant t login
@ 2017-03-02 13:13   ` Catonano
From: Catonano @ 2017-03-02 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: help-guix

> Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > So I managed to install GuixSD
> >
> > When logging in as a normal user, I get taken back to the login screen
> >
> > I have these partitions:
> >
> > /
> > /boot
> > /home
> > swap
> >
> > I report this because I remember this issue has been reported on the irc
> > channel and it had to do with the partitions layout.
>
> By default users don’t have passwords.  You need to log in as root on a
> VT (e.g. after hitting Ctrl-Alt-F1) and then set the password for that
> user.
>
> ~~ Ricardo

No, thomasd set my on the right way.

This has to do with the separated /home partiton, he suggested to move
things around to wokaround this.

I don't remember now, it was on the irc channel.

Thanks !!

* Re: normal user cant t login
@ 2017-03-04 17:37     ` Quiliro
From: Quiliro @ 2017-03-04 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

El Thu, 2 Mar 2017 14:13:13 +0100
Catonano <catonano@gmail.com> escribió:

> This has to do with the separated /home partiton, he suggested to move
> things around to wokaround this.
>
> I don't remember now, it was on the irc channel.

It would be good to document. I had the same problem sometime in the
past. I think it was permissions on the user home folder.

--
Saluton,
Quiliro

* Re: normal user cant t login