all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Personal Introduction
@ 2017-12-12  3:22 Charlie Sale
From: Charlie Sale @ 2017-12-12  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello GNU Guix development community.

My name is Charlie, and I am interested in joining the Guix development community. I was wondering if there are any small tasks or projects that I could start with to learn about the project's source. I would like to add that I am pretty new to Guile, but I do have a base understanding on how Scheme and Lisp work.

Thanks for your future patience.

Charlie

--

* Re: Personal Introduction
@ 2017-12-12 12:50 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-12-12 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charlie Sale; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello Charlie,

Charlie Sale <softwaresale01@gmail.com> skribis:

> My name is Charlie, and I am interested in joining the Guix
> development community. I was wondering if there are any small tasks or
> projects that I could start with to learn about the project's
> source. I would like to add that I am pretty new to Guile, but I do
> have a base understanding on how Scheme and Lisp work.

A good way to get started is of course to start using Guix(SD), and then
to contribute new packages.  The “Defining Packages” section of the
manual should help get you started, and then people on #guix on IRC and
on the help-guix@gnu.org mailing list will be happy to help.

Our bug tracker at <https://bugs.gnu.org/guix> has some items explicitly
marked as “easy” (though probably too few of them), which you might
later want to look at.

Welcome, and happy hacking!  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: Personal Introduction