all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* with every guix pull icedove updating I have to set up icedove again
@ 2022-03-29 19:47 Nathan Dehnel
From: Nathan Dehnel @ 2022-03-29 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gottfried, help-guix

I also have this problem. It forgets which profile I'm using or
something. I have to launch the profile manager and select the profile
for it to use.

[parent not found: <mailman.87.1648742415.17287.help-guix@gnu.org>]
* with every guix pull icedove updating I have to set up icedove again
@ 2022-03-29 15:08 Gottfried
From: Gottfried @ 2022-03-29 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Unfortunately, every time after guix pull updating icedove I have to set
up icedove again.

Opening icedove the path is set to:
  /gnu/store/0vyrq4fz1wwxpy2izvjbrkfpaap5r5m9-icedove-91.7/bin/icedove

the only way to open icedove is to choose in the starter app an older
version: in my case:
/gnu/store/nmlxvxl2640r74fg9mlacmavpwg2n7xa-icedove-91.6.1/bin/icedove

If I change the path to :
/home/gfp/.guix-profile/bin/icedove
it also asks me to set up icedove again.

I don't know how to solve this. What can I do, that after a guix pull I
can start icedove but with the updated version?

thanks in advance
Gottfried