all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#69397: guix import crate misses dependencies
@ 2024-02-26  0:12 Nathan Dehnel
From: Nathan Dehnel @ 2024-02-26  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 69397

Run for example: guix import crate -r --recursive-dev-dependencies -
-allow-yanked egui_dock@0.11
this will import a bunch of packages that require rust-bytemuck-1 as a
dependency, but it will not be included, and must be imported
separately.

guix 313458c

* bug#69397: guix import crate misses dependencies
@ 2024-02-26  0:46 ` Carlo Zancanaro
From: Carlo Zancanaro @ 2024-02-26  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Dehnel; +Cc: 69397

Hi Nathan,

I just tried running your example:

On Sun, Feb 25 2024, Nathan Dehnel wrote:
> guix import crate -r --recursive-dev-dependencies --allow-yanked egui_dock@0.11

I saw that rust-bytemuck-1 was included as an input in lots of packages,
as you said. However, I also noticed that bytemuck is present in
Guix. "guix edit rust-bytemuck" opened gnu/packages/crates-io.scm which
defines the rust-bytemuck-1 variable to a package for rust-bytemuck.

Rather than importing bytemuck separately, it should be enough to add
(use-modules (gnu packages crates-io)) at the top of your scheme file to
bring the Guix definition in.

Carlo

* bug#69397: guix import crate misses dependencies
@ 2024-02-26  2:21   ` Nathan Dehnel
From: Nathan Dehnel @ 2024-02-26  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlo Zancanaro; +Cc: 69397

Oh, my bad. Yeah, I just had my modules wrong. Thanks.