all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Cannot package a PyPI tool
@ 2020-02-16 14:25 lainiwa
From: lainiwa @ 2020-02-16 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello!

I was playing around with Guix and I tried to package a termtosvg tool
just for an exercise.

I have a
export GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=~/guix-packages
setting and I create my *.scm files in that directory.

my-hello.scm from the documentation worked fine, however when I tried to
package a more "real-world" example I got an error:

------------------------------
name: python-termtosvg
version: 1.1.0
outputs: out
Backtrace:
            1 (primitive-load "/home/lain/.config/guix/current/bin/gu…")
In guix/ui.scm:
   1824:12  0 (run-guix-command _ . _)

guix/ui.scm:1824:12: In procedure run-guix-command:
error: python-lxml: unbound variable
------------------------------

My python-termtosvg.scm content: https://pastebin.com/cenixFh7

Can I somehow make Guix see python-lxml from the main channel (or maybe
solve the problem in some other way)?

* Re: Cannot package a PyPI tool
@ 2020-02-16 14:56 ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2020-02-16 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lainiwa; +Cc: help-guix

Hello,

<lainiwa@cock.li> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. febr. 16., Vas 15:31):

> Hello!
>
> I was playing around with Guix and I tried to package a termtosvg tool
> just for an exercise.
>
> I have a
> export GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=~/guix-packages
> setting and I create my *.scm files in that directory.
>
> my-hello.scm from the documentation worked fine, however when I tried to
> package a more "real-world" example I got an error:
>
> ------------------------------
> name: python-termtosvg
> version: 1.1.0
> outputs: out
> Backtrace:
>             1 (primitive-load "/home/lain/.config/guix/current/bin/gu…")
> In guix/ui.scm:
>    1824:12  0 (run-guix-command _ . _)
>
> guix/ui.scm:1824:12: In procedure run-guix-command:
> error: python-lxml: unbound variable
> ------------------------------
>
> My python-termtosvg.scm content: https://pastebin.com/cenixFh7
>
> Can I somehow make Guix see python-lxml from the main channel (or maybe
> solve the problem in some other way)?

You should add the package modules providing the inputs into the
define-module form.

I.e. something like (gnu packages python).

You can find out the module of the package using guix package -s
packagename. It reports the location, and file names are mapped to the
modules.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,
g_bor