all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* 2 (possible) problems in documentation
@ 2015-10-31 11:27 Alex Vong
From: Alex Vong @ 2015-10-31 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi,

I hit several problems when I followed the documentation. Please see
if it is a real issue or just my misunderstandings.

1. In <https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#X11-Fonts>,
it saids "Essential font packages include gs-fonts, font-dejavu, and
font-gnu-freefont.". But I think "font-gnu-freefont" has been renamed
to "font-gnu-freefont-ttf", so this has to be changed.

2. In <https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/guix.html#Running-Guix-Before-It-Is-Installed>,
it said "To that end, all the command-line tools can be used even if
you have not run make install.". However, in the case of "guix pull",
it is not true. Even if "guix pull" does run properly, it will not
update the source tree you have downloaded, so you end up with running
the original compiled version of Guix. Obviously, I was a victim :)

Does these sound like problems to you?

Cheers,
Alex