all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#70021: 6f9d844 causes system hang right before GDM supposed to start
@ 2024-03-26 22:38 aurtzy
From: aurtzy @ 2024-03-26 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 70021

Hi!

I recently encountered an issue with my system hanging during the
startup process, where it halts just before GDM is supposed to start.

Bisect has led to commit 6f9d844 (related issue:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/67649 ) being the culprit.

Context/workaround:

This appears to be an issue with code relating to mapped drives. Further
inspection reveals my `device-mapping-cryptstorage` service fails to
start, which is supposed to map my secondary encrypted drive. I
currently work around this by commenting out the `file-system` entry
that depends on this mapping before mounting it.

I managed to find the following line in /var/log/messages, which - if I
understand the change correctly - points to `bytevector?` being now
unavailable, causing the device mapping service to fail (and take the
system with it?):

Mar 26 17:50:27 localhost vmunix: [   24.680761] shepherd[1]: Exception
caught while starting device-mapping-cryptstorage: (unbound-variable #f
"Unbound variable: ~S" (bytevector?) #f)

Best,

aurtzy

* bug#70021: Closing: Duplicate report
@ 2024-04-01  8:31 ` aurtzy
From: aurtzy @ 2024-04-01  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 70021-done

Another report which looks to be the same issue was also submitted here:
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/70051

That one is more active, so I'll close this one and move my discussion
there.