all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Use cases for using old versions of packages in container
@ 2019-05-12 17:21 znavko
From: znavko @ 2019-05-12 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello! Will you bring some links to the materials or projects or fosdem videos where I can clear why is to use old versions of packages? Why developers need this feature?
Sorry, I had not found such messages in Russian linux forum about how to setup environment of previous software versions. The only discussions I heard were how to update without breaking the system and which package manager breaks less often.

Even the Reproducible Builds Project [1], connected to one of GNU Guix features, does declare the purpose like verification that code has no backdoors:
"The motivation behind the Reproducible Builds project is therefore to allow verification that no vulnerabilities or backdoors have been introduced during this compilation process."

I only want to find areas and to read about it, where OS users need to use old versions. I suppose it is embedded systems. But may be something else?
[1] https://reproducible-builds.org/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-05-12 17:21 UTC | newest]