all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Disabling SELinux support in GLib?
@ 2020-01-27 22:05 Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2020-01-27 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello Guix,

The 'glib' package gained SELinux support back in commit
6c237a2d7bfa3c7be02c069e5c24a2b401a51864.  We do not currently support
SELinux in Guix System, so I'm not sure if it is worth having it in
GLib.  Perhaps it can be useful on foreign distributions?

It does not add a lot to the GLib size (~3.8 MiB), but it is a
propagated dependency that can be easily avoided.

Thoughts?

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Disabling SELinux support in GLib?
@ 2020-01-27 22:18 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2020-01-27 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marius Bakke; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Marius,

> The 'glib' package gained SELinux support back in commit
> 6c237a2d7bfa3c7be02c069e5c24a2b401a51864.  We do not currently support
> SELinux in Guix System, so I'm not sure if it is worth having it in
> GLib.  Perhaps it can be useful on foreign distributions?

I’m pretty sure that I added it back then because it was needed by
something else down the line.  Unfortunately, I do not recall what that
may have been.

> It does not add a lot to the GLib size (~3.8 MiB), but it is a
> propagated dependency that can be easily avoided.

Can we somehow avoid propagation instead?

--
Ricardo

* Re: Disabling SELinux support in GLib?
@ 2020-01-27 23:08   ` Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2020-01-27 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: guix-devel