all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Issues with guix offload
@ 2019-06-03 15:19 Divan Santana
From: Divan Santana @ 2019-06-03 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help guix

Hi All :)

So my guix offload to my build box used to work, no troubles.

As of late it fails. Perhaps due to an update, or because I renamed the
user account on the remote box.

I think all is correct in terms of configuration but still fails with
the below.

Not sure how to further troubleshoot it:

~ sudo guix offload test
guix offload: testing 1 build machines defined in '/etc/guix/machines.scm'...
guix offload: Guix is usable on 'cp3.santanas.co.za' (test returned "/gnu/store/883yjkl46dxw9mzykykmbs0yzwyxm17z-test")
guix offload: 'cp3.santanas.co.za' is running GNU Guile 2.2.4
sending 1 store item (0 MiB) to 'cp3.santanas.co.za'...
exporting path `/gnu/store/sxxrzcpagpr87ldp82l9q634q7bbp8g5-export-test'
guix offload: error: unknown error while sending files over SSH

Seems something like this fails too

guix copy --to=cp3.santanas.co.za emacs

~ ssh ds@cp3.santanas.co.za guile --version
guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.4

~ ssh ds@cp3.santanas.co.za guix repl --version
guix repl (GNU Guix) 1.0.1-3.4a54ed7

Doing this (against sshd pid) on the build server results in a 2m file
output. Where can I upload that?

root@cp3 ~# strace -p 287 -s 300 -o log -f

Not sure what to look for in the log output.

Any ideas?

* Re: Issues with guix offload
@ 2019-06-11 10:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2019-06-11 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Divan Santana; +Cc: Help guix

Hi Divan,

Did you eventually find out?

Divan Santana <divan@santanas.co.za> skribis:

> Not sure how to further troubleshoot it:
>
> ~ sudo guix offload test
> guix offload: testing 1 build machines defined in '/etc/guix/machines.scm'...
> guix offload: Guix is usable on 'cp3.santanas.co.za' (test returned "/gnu/store/883yjkl46dxw9mzykykmbs0yzwyxm17z-test")
> guix offload: 'cp3.santanas.co.za' is running GNU Guile 2.2.4
> sending 1 store item (0 MiB) to 'cp3.santanas.co.za'...
> exporting path `/gnu/store/sxxrzcpagpr87ldp82l9q634q7bbp8g5-export-test'
> guix offload: error: unknown error while sending files over SSH
>
> Seems something like this fails too
>
> guix copy --to=cp3.santanas.co.za emacs
>
> ~ ssh ds@cp3.santanas.co.za guile --version
> guile (GNU Guile) 2.2.4
>
> ~ ssh ds@cp3.santanas.co.za guix repl --version
> guix repl (GNU Guix) 1.0.1-3.4a54ed7
>
> Doing this (against sshd pid) on the build server results in a 2m file
> output. Where can I upload that?
>
> root@cp3 ~# strace -p 287 -s 300 -o log -f
>
> Not sure what to look for in the log output.

I would have suggested exactly this: look at the strace log, find the
bits that correspond to the ‘guix repl’ process, and see if there’s
anything wrong there.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: Issues with guix offload
@ 2019-07-21  9:53   ` Divan Santana
From: Divan Santana @ 2019-07-21  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: Help guix

> Did you eventually find out?

I tried looking through the strace output but didn't come right with
that.

In the end I just built another box. Was easier to resolve.