all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using Cuirass API in channel for guix revision of last successful build of package
@ 2019-08-03 14:54 amagne
From: amagne @ 2019-08-03 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello,

I am using an i686 computer and some packages can't be built.  For
example GNU Icecat fails to be built in my current guix (on my computer
and on the build farm), but I know that the build farm did have a
substitute for icecat at some earlier (ancient) time.

How can I ask Cuirass for the commit of the guix revision that last
successfully built a specific package for my arch?

The idea is to define a channel with the commit and do that inferiors
thing from the manual.  This may also be useful to people who rather
had a substitute that isn't up-to-date than building it locally.

So long,
Ama

* Re: Using Cuirass API in channel for guix revision of last successful build of package
@ 2019-08-04 12:32 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2019-08-04 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amagne; +Cc: help-guix

amagne@posteo.net writes:

> How can I ask Cuirass for the commit of the guix revision that last
> successfully built a specific package for my arch?

I don’t think you can.

You can, however, use “guix weather” (optionally with a manifest) to
determine if ci.guix.gnu.org has a binary for each of your packages or
if Guix would build things locally.

--
Ricardo