all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help with Packaging c2ffi (cmake, llvm, c++)
@ 2019-09-06 16:11 Katherine Cox-Buday
From: Katherine Cox-Buday @ 2019-09-06 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hey Guix!

I don't spend a lot of time in C/C++ land, so some of these errors are
pretty unfamiliar to me. Still, I've put in quite a bit of time trying
to determine why my package definition is failing. Unfortunately nothing
I've tried has worked.

I've tried to document everything here:
https://gist.github.com/kat-co/a8c85b6d7c1cbb84f19e7f3516bebb73

This is a small package, and I don't think a lot of work for someone who
is more familiar with this landscape. Can anyone comment on what I'm
doing wrong, or just outright package the thing so I can read it over?

Thanks!

--
Katherine

* Re: Help with Packaging c2ffi (cmake, llvm, c++)
@ 2019-09-06 19:58 ` Gábor Boskovits
From: Gábor Boskovits @ 2019-09-06 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Katherine Cox-Buday; +Cc: Guix-devel

Hello,

Katherine Cox-Buday <cox.katherine.e@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019.
szept. 6., Pén 18:17):

> Hey Guix!
>
> I don't spend a lot of time in C/C++ land, so some of these errors are
> pretty unfamiliar to me. Still, I've put in quite a bit of time trying
> to determine why my package definition is failing. Unfortunately nothing
> I've tried has worked.
>
> I've tried to document everything here:
> https://gist.github.com/kat-co/a8c85b6d7c1cbb84f19e7f3516bebb73
>
> This is a small package, and I don't think a lot of work for someone who
> is more familiar with this landscape. Can anyone comment on what I'm
> doing wrong, or just outright package the thing so I can read it over?
>
> Thanks

It looks like you are hitting the case mentioned in the notes, when clang
uses gcc. Could you try this using gcc?

> --
> Katherine

Best regards,
g_bor

* Re: Help with Packaging c2ffi (cmake, llvm, c++)
@ 2019-09-07 13:30   ` Katherine Cox-Buday
From: Katherine Cox-Buday @ 2019-09-07 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gábor Boskovits; +Cc: Guix-devel

Gábor Boskovits <boskovits@gmail.com> writes:

Thanks for responding, Gábor!

> It looks like you are hitting the case mentioned in the notes, when clang uses gcc. Could you try this
> using gcc?

I noticed that too, and I think our clang is built with gcc. But aren't
I already using gcc?

> /gnu/store/n2p1zs14y89lwkg9da68y12pc10c6sw9-gcc-5.5.0/bin/c++

This is the compilation command being invoked which causes the linking
errors (as far as I can tell).

--
Katherine