all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#53380: Screenshot of backtrace
       [not found] <CABU_QCQBaWOE7-e-O6znsvnt32Ozzy6iR_tWUzHn1TRD_=zabg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-01-20 12:40 ` Mathieu Othacehe
       [not found]   ` <CABU_QCQxb3hZuzSW85KFL3piHyOFgkYtoK2Jc+a=Ua7F4PYjfQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2022-01-20 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sundar bp; +Cc: 53380

Hello,

> I could not copy the text so sending the screenshot from my phone.

Thanks for the report. Did you use the 1.3.0 release installer? If yes
could you please try the latest installer available here:
https://guix.gnu.org/en/download/latest/ and report back?

Mathieu

@ 2022-01-21 17:40     ` Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2022-01-21 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sundar bp; +Cc: 53380-done

Hey,

> yes, the error was from "guix-system-install-1.3.0.x86_64-linux.iso"
> and the issue is sorted out in the latest version that i downloaded
> today
> "ISO-9660?query=spec:images+status:success+system:x86_64-linux+image.iso"

Thanks for confirming.

> but, faced the following issues,
> 1. grub did not find another OS installed, showing only GNU guix

Did you use manual partitioning and made sure not to wipe the extra OS
installation? In any case, I don't think we have support to detect other
installations and list them in Grub, but I may be wrong?

> 2. Once logged in with the Enlightenment DE there was no terminal
> installed during the installation. so I am stuck with an unusable
> system.

Oh not nice. You still have the TTY available by pressing CTRL-ALT-F3 or
so I guess.

Closing this one as the installer issue per se is fixed.

Thanks,

Mathieu