all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* guix copy connection problems
@ 2019-07-27  2:38 Jack Hill
From: Jack Hill @ 2019-07-27  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix,

I'm trying to use `guix copy` to copy some store items from a more
powerful computer to my laptop. I've tried to set everything up correctly
with ssh-agent, and I can ssh without being prompted for credentials, but
guix-initiated connections are timing out, so clearly I'm missing
something, but I don't know what. Perhaps the following session transcript
with show what I'm missing:

```
$ env|grep -i ssh
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1000/keyring/ssh
jackhill@alperton ~$ ssh-add -l
256 SHA256:g7qjlV99AHx3R2/ZlkeMGPqnYGzwPJjhVY5y7WX1a/E jackhill@alperton (ED25519)
jackhill@alperton ~$ ssh jackhill@remote
Last login: Fri Jul 26 21:38:23 2019 from 107.15.18.231
jackhill@remote ~$ logout
Connection to remote closed.
jackhill@alperton ~$ guix copy --from="jackhill@remote" icecat
guix copy: error: SSH connection to 'remote' failed: Timeout connecting to remote
```

Best,
Jack

* Re: guix copy connection problems