all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#63019: restic is nine versions out of date
@ 2023-04-22 16:03 Kyle Andrews
From: Kyle Andrews @ 2023-04-22 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 63019

Dear Guix,

I rely on restic for my long-term backup solution and it worries me that the version currently provided by Guix is so ancient. Restic 0.9.6 was released in 2019 and there have been 9 major updates since then. I'm particularly interested in the compression support added in restic 0.14.0, but there are many other bug fixes and improvements which have been added. The latest release from January of this year is 0.15.1.

There was a recent appeal for help on the help-guix mailing list:

=> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2023-03/msg00117.html

I'm filing this bug report since I'm worried that the people who are most knowledge about Go in Guix might not check that mailing list as frequently.

Cheers,
Kyle

* bug#63019: restic is nine versions out of date
@ 2023-04-23 15:36 ` Leo Famulari
From: Leo Famulari @ 2023-04-23 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Andrews; +Cc: 63019

On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 04:03:29PM +0000, Kyle Andrews wrote:
> I'm filing this bug report since I'm worried that the people who are most knowledge about Go in Guix might not check that mailing list as frequently.

I might be part of that group of people in Guix that pays attention to
Go. However, I use Borg for my backups, so I have little motivation to
volunteer for Restic packaging. If you have specific questions about
something, I can try to answer.