all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help for packaging LibreAdventure (for Guix Days :-))
@ 2021-09-20 15:16 zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2021-09-20 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

Hi,

In order to ease the interactions at onlinel event such as Guix Days
or others hackathons, it could be nice to have something like
WorkAdventure [1].  It makes a friendly space for online social
interactions.  Here [2] is a free fork:

2: <https://vcs.fsf.org/?p=libreadventure.git;a=tree>

Because I am not a "JS and co" person, if someone would give a try to
package it.  It could be awesome and helpful.  It will be my round for
a drink next time we meet. :-)

1: <https://workadventu.re/>

Cheers,
simon

* Re: Help for packaging LibreAdventure (for Guix Days :-))
@ 2021-09-23 20:32 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-09-23 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zimoun; +Cc: Guix Devel

Hi,

zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> skribis:

> In order to ease the interactions at onlinel event such as Guix Days
> or others hackathons, it could be nice to have something like
> WorkAdventure [1].  It makes a friendly space for online social
> interactions.  Here [2] is a free fork:
>
> 2: <https://vcs.fsf.org/?p=libreadventure.git;a=tree>

That’d be sweet!  Because of all the JS in there, doing it following
“Guix standards” may be… hard.  So I think the challenger(s) are advised
to take shortcuts (like keeping bundled JS), hosting the result in a
“staging” channel—the goal being to have something rather than nothing.

Ludo’.