all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GSoC project ``Syntax and semantics of systemd units in the Shepherd''
@ 2018-05-04  9:26 Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis
From: Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis @ 2018-05-04  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 278 bytes --]

Dear all,

I am Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis (Rukako on #guix) and I was selected
for the ``Syntax and semantics of systemd units in the Shepherd'' GSoC
2018 project.

I am looking forward to working with you, please feel free to email me
or beep me at IRC at any time.

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: 0x0C8877F4.asc --]

* Re: GSoC project ``Syntax and semantics of systemd units in the Shepherd''
@ 2018-05-07 16:22 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-05-07 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello Ioannis,

Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis <ixk680@student.bham.ac.uk> skribis:

> I am Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis (Rukako on #guix) and I was selected
> for the ``Syntax and semantics of systemd units in the Shepherd'' GSoC
> 2018 project.

Welcome on board!

Now’s a good time to familiarize yourself with the Shepherd, presumably
by installing GuixSD.  Then please let us know about your first
impressions and how you feel about this GSoC project.

Happy hacking!  :-)

Ludo’.

* Re: GSoC project ``Syntax and semantics of systemd units in the Shepherd''
@ 2018-05-09  9:50   ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2018-05-09  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ioannis,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello Ioannis,
>
> Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis <ixk680@student.bham.ac.uk> skribis:
>
>> I am Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis (Rukako on #guix) and I was selected
>> for the ``Syntax and semantics of systemd units in the Shepherd'' GSoC
>> 2018 project.
>
> Welcome on board!
>
> Now’s a good time to familiarize yourself with the Shepherd, presumably
> by installing GuixSD.  Then please let us know about your first
> impressions and how you feel about this GSoC project.

Did you get around to installing GuixSD yet?  Playing with the Shepherd
really makes most sense on GuixSD.  You can also install Guix (note that
we have an installer script, which makes this very easy) and then use
Guix to build virtual machines with GuixSD.

--
Ricardo

* Re: GSoC project ``Syntax and semantics of systemd units in the Shepherd''
@ 2018-05-10 23:51     ` Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis
From: Ioannis Panagiotis Koutsidis @ 2018-05-10 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rekado; +Cc: guix-devel

I installed the iso on my qemu without any issues. I was not aware about
the script, thanks for letting me know. Thankfully the installation was
easy enough not to require it.

Thank you for your help!

(resending the mail because I pressed "reply" instead of "reply all", sorry)