all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* vagrant
@ 2019-09-10 10:04 Divan Santana
From: Divan Santana @ 2019-09-10 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help guix

Hi Guix,

One of the last packages I miss and would like on my Guix system would
be vagrant.

I use it for work for testing infra as code.

Anyone else got a way to get it working? I'm surprised it's not yet
packaged for Guix.

Greetings :)
--
Divan

* Re: vagrant
@ 2019-09-23  4:30 ` Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2019-09-23  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Divan Santana; +Cc: Danny Milosavljevic, Help guix

Hi Divan,

Divan Santana <divan@santanas.co.za> writes:

> One of the last packages I miss and would like on my Guix system would
> be vagrant.
>
> I use it for work for testing infra as code.
>
> Anyone else got a way to get it working? I'm surprised it's not yet
> packaged for Guix.

It would be a great addition!  Have you searched the email lists, bug
reports, and patches for information?  I checked them just now and found
this old email from Danny (CC'd on this email):

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-08/msg00037.html

He attached a work-in-progress vagrant.scm file.  Check it out:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-08/txtEVOTXFX2k8.txt

Would you like to try improving upon that?

FYI, I find it useful to bookmark the following URLs.  It makes it easy
to search for prior discussions quickly:

help-guix: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/
guix-devel: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/
Guix Patches: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=guix-patches
Guix Bugs: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=guix

--
Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: vagrant
@ 2019-09-24 18:08   ` Divan Santana
From: Divan Santana @ 2019-09-24 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Marusich; +Cc: Danny Milosavljevic, Help guix

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the helpful reply.

>> One of the last packages I miss and would like on my Guix system would
>> be vagrant.
>>
>> I use it for work for testing infra as code.
>>
>> Anyone else got a way to get it working? I'm surprised it's not yet
>> packaged for Guix.
>
> It would be a great addition!  Have you searched the email lists, bug
> reports, and patches for information?

Noted for future.

> I checked them just now and found
> this old email from Danny (CC'd on this email):
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-08/msg00037.html
>
> He attached a work-in-progress vagrant.scm file.  Check it out:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2018-08/txtEVOTXFX2k8.txt

> Would you like to try improving upon that?

I'll try it out sometime and see what I can do.

> FYI, I find it useful to bookmark the following URLs.  It makes it easy
> to search for prior discussions quickly:
>
> help-guix: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/
> guix-devel: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/
> Guix Patches: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?package=guix-patches
> Guix Bugs: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=guix