all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* guix system delete-generations
@ 2018-05-11  8:07 Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2018-05-11  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

For now I delete generations manually, e.g.

> sudo rm /var/guix/profiles/system-2-link

Wouldn't I do this, the store would endlessly grow over time (e.g. old
kernels would not be garbage collected) hence the necessity of it.

Necessary, and yet manual: shouldn't we add a command for this?

guix.el does not support it yet:

	https://github.com/alezost/guix.el/issues/23

Alex mentioned a patch attempt that was seemingly never pursued:

	http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-02/msg00775.html

Any update on that matter?

--
Pierre Neidhardt