all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Hexchat freezing up for anyone else?
@ 2018-06-12 17:44 Christopher Lemmer Webber
From: Christopher Lemmer Webber @ 2018-06-12 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Somewhere in the last few months, Hexchat has started freezing up for me
all the time.  It wasn't doing this before.  Just curious, are any other
Hexchat users having this problem?  I wonder if I should file a bug with
Guix or if it's a problem upstream (I don't see anyone else complaining
about it in their issue tracker, but I can't see how it wouldn't be
noticed) or something in my setup (I'm not doing anything particularly
special).  Am I alone in this?

* Re: Hexchat freezing up for anyone else?
@ 2018-06-12 19:31 ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2018-06-12 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Lemmer Webber; +Cc: help-guix

Christopher Lemmer Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> Somewhere in the last few months, Hexchat has started freezing up for me
> all the time.  It wasn't doing this before.  Just curious, are any other
> Hexchat users having this problem?  I wonder if I should file a bug with
> Guix or if it's a problem upstream (I don't see anyone else complaining
> about it in their issue tracker, but I can't see how it wouldn't be
> noticed) or something in my setup (I'm not doing anything particularly
> special).  Am I alone in this?

I use HexChat, and I can't say I've had any problems with it
freezing. Sorry!

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Hexchat freezing up for anyone else?
@ 2018-06-12 21:22   ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2018-06-12 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: help-guix

Chrises,

Christopher Baines wrote:
> I use HexChat, and I can't say I've had any problems with it
> freezing. Sorry!

Ditto, I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

T G-R

* Re: Hexchat freezing up for anyone else?
@ 2018-06-13  4:15   ` Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2018-06-13  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: help-guix

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:

> Christopher Lemmer Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:
>
>> Somewhere in the last few months, Hexchat has started freezing up for me
>> all the time.  It wasn't doing this before.  Just curious, are any other
>> Hexchat users having this problem?  I wonder if I should file a bug with
>> Guix or if it's a problem upstream (I don't see anyone else complaining
>> about it in their issue tracker, but I can't see how it wouldn't be
>> noticed) or something in my setup (I'm not doing anything particularly
>> special).  Am I alone in this?
>
> I use HexChat, and I can't say I've had any problems with it
> freezing. Sorry!

I also use HexChat from time to time.  I haven't noticed it crashing.  I
have, however, noticed my entire system freezing from time to time
(maybe once every few weeks), for reasons I can't figure out.  But I
don't have any reason to suspect that happens because of HexChat.

--
Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Hexchat freezing up for anyone else?
@ 2018-06-13  6:46     ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2018-06-13  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Marusich; +Cc: help-guix