all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Next browser looking for init file in store
@ 2019-10-12 15:41 LaFreniere, Joseph
From: LaFreniere, Joseph @ 2019-10-12 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

My installation of the Next browser appeared to be ignoring the
file I had written in my XDG_CONFIG_HOME (which I have defined as
the default "$HOME/.config") at "$HOME/.config/next/init.lisp".
Inspecting the *init-file-path* variable from within Next shows a
current value
#P"/gnu/store/psfi1fvmjmnsy3684sa6rhz7jcrs42xr-sbcl-next-1.2.2-lib/.config/next/init.lisp".
The fact that this is referring to a location in my store leads me
to believe that this Guix-specific, hence my asking in this
mailing list.

Am I supposed to be symlinking my configuration or profile
specially for Guix?  Or, assuming Next is behaving as it ought to
be, does anyone how I am supposed to properly inform it of my
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME?

--
Joseph LaFreniere

* Re: Next browser looking for init file in store
@ 2019-10-12 15:51 ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2019-10-12 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LaFreniere, Joseph, help-guix

Hi Joseph,

Actually this is Next-specific ;)

Your log shows you are using an old version of Next.
Your issue has been fixed on recent versions.
updating to current version (1.3.4) should fix it.

Thanks for trying out Next!

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Next browser looking for init file in store
@ 2019-10-12 18:45   ` LaFreniere, Joseph
From: LaFreniere, Joseph @ 2019-10-12 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre Neidhardt; +Cc: help-guix

Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> writes:
> Actually this is Next-specific ;)
>
> Your log shows you are using an old version of Next.
> Your issue has been fixed on recent versions.
> updating to current version (1.3.4) should fix it.

Thank you for the fast response!  I will update and, if I am still
facing any issues, will bring them up in Next-specific venues.
Otherwise, I apologize for spending your time on an already solved
problem.

> Thanks for trying out Next!

Thank _you_ for your work on Next and Guix.  I appreciate both
efforts. :)

--

@ 2019-10-12 19:06     ` Pierre Neidhardt
From: Pierre Neidhardt @ 2019-10-12 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)