all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* guix pull ssh authentication error
@ 2023-11-24  3:44 Mauritz Stenek
From: Mauritz Stenek @ 2023-11-24  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I'm trying out Guix in a virtual machine and am trying to pull
from a personal channel through ssh, but I keep getting this
error:

```
guix pull: error: Git error: Failed to retrieve list of SSH
authentication methods: Failed getting response
```

Any ideas on how the resolve this?

Poking around the internet, it seems that it might be a problem
with libgit2.

Thanks.

--
Mauritz Stenek <mstenek@disroot.org>

* Re: guix pull ssh authentication error
@ 2023-11-24 15:47 ` Mauritz Stenek
From: Mauritz Stenek @ 2023-11-24 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Funny thing, when I use ssh for something else, something is
triggered that `git pull` works; any ideas?

On 2023-11-23 at 21:44, Mauritz Stenek <mstenek@disroot.org>

--

@ 2023-12-01 14:26 ` Simon Tournier
From: Simon Tournier @ 2023-12-01 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauritz Stenek, help-guix

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 at 21:44, Mauritz Stenek <mstenek@disroot.org> wrote:

> ```
> guix pull: error: Git error: Failed to retrieve list of SSH
> authentication methods: Failed getting response
> ```

Could you describe your channels.scm file?  And pulling from which Guix
revision?

Cheers,
simon

* Re: guix pull ssh authentication error
@ 2023-12-01 18:46   ` Mauritz Stenek
From: Mauritz Stenek @ 2023-12-01 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Tournier; +Cc: help-guix

On 2023-12-01 at 08:26, Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 23 Nov 2023 at 21:44, Mauritz Stenek
> <mstenek@disroot.org> wrote:
>
>> ```
>> guix pull: error: Git error: Failed to retrieve list of SSH
>> authentication methods: Failed getting response
>> ```
>
> Could you describe your channels.scm file?  And pulling from
> which Guix
> revision?

Here it goes:

```
$ guix describe
Generation 16	Nov 30 2023 15:13:47	(current)
  guix 2b782f6
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 2b782f67266b42bb40015bd23ce2443be2f9b01f
```

--

@ 2023-12-02 13:33     ` Simon Tournier
From: Simon Tournier @ 2023-12-02 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauritz Stenek; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

On ven., 01 déc. 2023 at 12:46, Mauritz Stenek <mstenek@disroot.org> wrote:

>>> ```
>>> guix pull: error: Git error: Failed to retrieve list of SSH
>>> authentication methods: Failed getting response
>>> ```
>>
>> Could you describe your channels.scm file?  And pulling from
>> which Guix
>> revision?
>
> Here it goes:
>
> ```
> $ guix describe
> Generation 16	Nov 30 2023 15:13:47	(current)
>   guix 2b782f6
>     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
>     branch: master
>     commit: 2b782f67266b42bb40015bd23ce2443be2f9b01f
> ```

Here, there is no SSH involved. :-) Could you share your channels.scm
file?

Cheers,
simon

* Re: guix pull ssh authentication error
@ 2023-12-05 18:11       ` Mauritz Stenek
From: Mauritz Stenek @ 2023-12-05 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Tournier; +Cc: help-guix

:D indeed.

I have another thread that basically explains the same situation
--
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2023-12/msg00025.html
-- we can continue the conversation there.

Nevertheless, merci beaucoup!

On 2023-12-02 at 07:33, Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>

--
Mauritz Stenek <mstenek@disroot.org>