all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* security-updates merged
@ 2016-03-21 23:21 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-03-21 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello!

I’ve just merged ‘security-updates’ into ‘master’.  There are no new
security fixes in there, only the integration of fixes that used to be
available via grafting.

Ludo’.

* Re: security-updates merged
@ 2016-03-26  8:51 ` Danny Milosavljevic
From: Danny Milosavljevic @ 2016-03-26  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Possibly unrelated, but:

guix$ git pull # master branch
guix$ guix environment guix
guix$ make
configure: error: Package requirements (sqlite3 >= 3.6.19) were not met:

No package 'sqlite3' found

* Re: security-updates merged
@ 2016-03-26 14:33   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-03-26 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danny Milosavljevic; +Cc: guix-devel

Danny Milosavljevic <dannym@scratchpost.org> skribis:

> configure: error: Package requirements (sqlite3 >= 3.6.19) were not met:

Please see:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Requirements.html

Ludo’.

* Re: security-updates merged
@ 2016-03-26 17:22     ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2016-03-26 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
> Please see:
>
>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Requirements.html

Did you notice that according to Danny's transcript above, this error
occurred within a shell spawned by "guix environment guix"?

     Mark

* Re: security-updates merged
@ 2016-03-27 21:10       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2016-03-27 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark H Weaver; +Cc: guix-devel

Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> skribis:

> Danny Milosavljevic <dannym@scratchpost.org> writes:
>> guix$ git pull # master branch
>> guix$ guix environment guix
>> guix$ make
>> configure: error: Package requirements (sqlite3 >= 3.6.19) were not met:
>
> ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>> Please see:
>>
>>   https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Requirements.html
>
> Did you notice that according to Danny's transcript above, this error
> occurred within a shell spawned by "guix environment guix"?

Oh sorry, I had overlooked that.

I just tried in ‘guix environment guix --container’ and cannot
reproduce.

Danny: could you check with either --container or --pure?  It could be
that some other settings from the outside environment were interfering.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: security-updates merged
@ 2016-03-28  8:16         ` Danny Milosavljevic
From: Danny Milosavljevic @ 2016-03-28  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ludo,

> Danny: could you check with either --container or --pure?  It could be
> that some other settings from the outside environment were interfering.

I tried

  $ guix environment guix --container
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

That works.

Same for

  $ guix environment guix --container --pure
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

That works.

But

  $ guix environment guix
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

works now too.

Hmm, I've rebooted since. Sorry for the noise.

This time when it didn't work, I did

  $ make clean

beforehand so it's not because of obsolete compiled files this time.

Note that in-between (after it didn't work but before your E-Mail) I did

  $ guix environment guix sqlite
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

And that worked, too. If that left some permanent state, it would also be clear why it works now.

Also, I did guix system reconfigure since then - with the same config (because I wanted my modified cups-service to take effect). (That eventually broke with 503 on texlive).

In any case, I'd suggest to test an eventual GuixSD release by booting it and:

  $ git clone ...guix
  $ guix environment guix
  $ ./configure --localstatedir=/var

and see whether it fails. If it works, good.