all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Environment issue with guix home, my default guix profile, and loading sbcl-alexandria
@ 2022-09-01  0:25 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-09-01  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Help

Hi,

I tested this on two different laptops, one running Ubuntu and one running Void Linux.

On the laptop running Void Linux, I can easily load sbcl-alexandria at a sbcl REPL with:

(require :asdf)
(:asdf:load-system :alexandria)

On the laptop running Ubuntu, I have guix home installed. I have packages
installed via my default profile as well as my guix home profile.

All the sbcl related packages and emacs and emacs-sly packages are installed via guix home.

I have a few emacs packages not related to common lisp installed via my default profile.

On the Ubuntu laptop, sbcl cannot find the alexandria package.

How should I go about debugging this further. What information would be helpful to share to debug this issue further?

all best,

jgart

* Re: Environment issue with guix home, my default guix profile, and loading sbcl-alexandria
@ 2022-09-01  8:21 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2022-09-01  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart; +Cc: help-guix

jgart <jgart@dismail.de> writes:

> All the sbcl related packages and emacs and emacs-sly packages are installed via guix home.

Are you loading .guix-home/profile/etc/profile to set environment variables?

> I have a few emacs packages not related to common lisp installed via my default profile.
>
> On the Ubuntu laptop, sbcl cannot find the alexandria package.

Sounds like a search path problem.

--
Ricardo