all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GitHub updater broken?
@ 2017-01-10 14:37 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-01-10 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Woodcroft; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ben,

The GitHub updater always returns 403 (“Forbidden”) now.  I tried
passing a token and that didn’t help, but maybe I did not check the
right boxes at <https://github.com/settings/tokens/new>.

Any idea what can be done about it?

Thanks,
Ludo’.

* Re: GitHub updater broken?
@ 2017-01-13  5:56 ` Ben Woodcroft
From: Ben Woodcroft @ 2017-01-13  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guix-devel

Hi Ludo,

On 11/01/17 00:37, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> The GitHub updater always returns 403 (“Forbidden”) now.  I tried
> passing a token and that didn’t help, but maybe I did not check the
> right boxes at <https://github.com/settings/tokens/new>.
>
> Any idea what can be done about it?

It seems GitHub requires a User-Agent to be set, the response-body not
reported by http-fetch says as much in agreement with the documention:
https://developer.github.com/v3/#user-agent-required

I'm afraid I'm afk for the next week and a bit, I can try to send a
patch after that, or perhaps someone else can implement this probably
small change.

Thanks, ben.

* Re: GitHub updater broken?
@ 2017-01-13 17:25   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-01-13 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Woodcroft; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello,

Ben Woodcroft <b.woodcroft@uq.edu.au> skribis:

> On 11/01/17 00:37, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> The GitHub updater always returns 403 (“Forbidden”) now.  I tried
>> passing a token and that didn’t help, but maybe I did not check the
>> right boxes at <https://github.com/settings/tokens/new>.
>>
>> Any idea what can be done about it?
>
> It seems GitHub requires a User-Agent to be set, the response-body not
> reported by http-fetch says as much in agreement with the documention:
> https://developer.github.com/v3/#user-agent-required
>
> I'm afraid I'm afk for the next week and a bit, I can try to send a
> patch after that, or perhaps someone else can implement this probably
> small change.

Indeed.  There was additionally a regression I had introduced a couple
of weeks ago.  Both are fixed:

608a50b66 * http-client: Provide 'User-Agent' header by default.
4cd5ec801 * import: github: Fix regression on the /releases retrieval.

Thank you!

Ludo’.