all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Error with guix pull
@ 2017-12-11 16:14 Gary Johnson
From: Gary Johnson @ 2017-12-11 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix,

I tried running "guix pull" today, and at the end of the compilation
phase, I was presented with this error:

--8<-------------------------------------------------------------->8--------
copying and compiling to '/gnu/store/29nci1d7zykwriwhnpxqivilbi6cr8wc-guix-latest' with Guile 2.2.3...
compiling...    100.0% of 656 files
Backtrace:
Exception thrown while printing backtrace:
In procedure public-lookup: Module named (system repl debug) does not exist
--8<-------------------------------------------------------------->8--------

Did Guix suddenly get a new guile dependency that I need to install? Any
advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  Gary

* Re: Error with guix pull
@ 2017-12-12 16:52 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-12-12 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gary Johnson; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Gary,

Gary Johnson <lambdatronic@gmail.com> skribis:

> I tried running "guix pull" today, and at the end of the compilation
> phase, I was presented with this error:
>
> --8<-------------------------------------------------------------->8--------
> copying and compiling to '/gnu/store/29nci1d7zykwriwhnpxqivilbi6cr8wc-guix-latest' with Guile 2.2.3...
> compiling...    100.0% of 656 files
> Backtrace:
> Exception thrown while printing backtrace:
> In procedure public-lookup: Module named (system repl debug) does not exist
> --8<-------------------------------------------------------------->8--------

This is a bug that apparently manifests itself randomly when building
with Guile 2.2.3, as was the case here.  (I suspect it has to do with
thread-safety in the presence of autoloaded modules.)

We’ve switched back to using 2.2.2 in ‘guix pull’ to address
<https://bugs.gnu.org/29570>.  Can you try running ‘guix pull’ again?

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.

* Re: Error with guix pull
@ 2017-12-16 20:50   ` Gary Johnson
From: Gary Johnson @ 2017-12-16 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I tried running "guix pull" again after I got your message, but I
actually got a different error that time. (Unfortunately, I didn't take
the time to save it.) Anyway, I ran "guix pull" again today, and this
time it worked, so I guess the problem has been resolved.

Thanks,
  Gary