all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* patch to fix build failure
@ 2023-05-05 20:37 Andy Tai
From: Andy Tai @ 2023-05-05 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi, just observation on some aspect of current guix packages, as seen
from doing guix package -u

(I know all guix work is done by volunteers, so this is not a
complaint but just reporting on state of things)
after the core-update branch merge to main, there are some build
breakages, not unexpected.

I run into a build failure on python-pyopengl-accelerate which
prevents guix package -u from proceeding.  I posted a patch to upgrade
python-pyopengl to the next version, which is sufficient to fix this
build failure.   The patch is in the issue tracker waiting for Guix QA
to schedule it for build check...

but I don't know if there is a chicken and egg problem, that Guix QA
does not seem to schedule recent patches to the main branch for
builds, and then the committers may not look at the patches which have
not passed Guix QA, so things are not moving. (My observation, sorry
if not accurate description)

Again, thanks for all the people working on Guix, including the people
maintaining Guix QA, highly appreciated.

Just curious if there is any thing that is possible to improve the situation.

* Re: patch to fix build failure
@ 2023-05-06 14:13 ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-05-06 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Tai; +Cc: guix-devel