all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#69267: icedove.desktop has no StartupWMClass
@ 2024-02-19  9:38 Damiano Ognissanti
From: Damiano Ognissanti @ 2024-02-19  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 69267

The icedove.desktop file has no StartupWMClass which makes it behave
strangely with GNOME. If you press Super, search for it, right click and
press "Pin to Dash" it will get pinned, but as soon as you open it, it
will open a new unpinned icon in the Dash, which means, among other
things, that Super + number can't switch to it when it's open.

Adding

StartupWMClass=Icecat

to the desktop file fixes the issue.

Best,
Damiano

* bug#69267: icedove.desktop has no StartupWMClass
@ 2024-02-19 10:35 ` Damiano Ognissanti
From: Damiano Ognissanti @ 2024-02-19 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 69267

Sorry for the confusion, I copied the line from the wrong file. It
should obviously be

StartupWMClass=icedove-default

Damiano

@ 2024-02-25  2:09   ` Clément Lassieur
From: Clément Lassieur @ 2024-02-25  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damiano Ognissanti; +Cc: Mark H Weaver, 69267

Hello Damiano,

On Mon, Feb 19 2024, Damiano Ognissanti wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion, I copied the line from the wrong file. It should
> obviously be
>
> StartupWMClass=icedove-default

I think we should do:

(setenv "MOZ_APP_REMOTINGNAME" "Icedove")
StartupWMClass=Icedove

Like we do with Icecat.

See this commit:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=be1d05c10766a979dd0720b677889ed950d3b895