all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Cuirass still there after removing and reboot
@ 2022-09-18  0:34 Olivier Dion via
From: Olivier Dion via @ 2022-09-18  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I've removed the cuirass service from my operating system configuration.
After rebooting and many generations later, I still see cuirass in the
root's services.  I have to manually do `sudo herd stop cuirass` at
every boot..

Any idea?

--
Olivier Dion
oldiob.dev

* Re: Cuirass still there after removing and reboot
@ 2022-09-18 21:57 ` Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2022-09-18 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olivier Dion; +Cc: help-guix

Hi Olivier,

> I've removed the cuirass service from my operating system configuration.
> After rebooting and many generations later, I still see cuirass in the
> root's services.  I have to manually do `sudo herd stop cuirass` at
> every boot..
>
> Any idea?

I suggest looking at the system service graph with “guix system
shepherd-graph” or “guix system extension-graph” to see where it comes
from.

--
Ricardo

* Re: Cuirass still there after removing and reboot
@ 2022-09-19 13:19   ` Olivier Dion via
From: Olivier Dion via @ 2022-09-19 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: help-guix

On Sun, 18 Sep 2022, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> I suggest looking at the system service graph with “guix system
> shepherd-graph” or “guix system extension-graph” to see where it comes
> from.

Thanks for the advice.  It seems that now things are in order I don't
know why.. I suspect that I incorrectly updated my system.

Regards,
old

--
Olivier Dion