all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Module auto-loading in standalone guix
@ 2014-07-22 19:05 Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2014-07-22 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

While playing with standalone Guix, I found that I was unable to mount a
FAT-formatted USB drive.  The kernel generated the following error message:

  FAT-fs (sdb1): IO charset iso8859-1 not found

Isn't there normally some mechanism for automatically loading such
modules?  On my extremely simple home-built YeeLoong system, based on
Cross [GNU/]Linux From Scratch, and using a recent linux-libre 3.14.13
kernel that also makes nls_iso8859_1 a module, somehow the module is
loaded automatically.

I confess I'm rather ignorant of how this is supposed to work on modern
systems, but I vaguely recall that this is udev's job.  Is that right?

     Regards,
       Mark

only message in thread, other threads:[~2014-07-22 19:06 UTC | newest]