all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#46952: "guix build --keep-failed" and offloading
@ 2021-03-05 21:22 Léo Le Bouter via Bug reports for GNU Guix
From: Léo Le Bouter via Bug reports for GNU Guix @ 2021-03-05 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 46952

Hello!

I noticed using --keep-failed implies that offloading is disabled. For
development of GNU Guix I offload all compilation from my laptop to a
powerful server, not having offload with --keep-failed makes it
troublesome to debug issues.

I don't know if it's easy to implement but would be nice to download
the temporary build directory along with all dependents at the end of
the build instead of disabling offloading.

What do you think?

Thank you

* bug#46952: "guix build --keep-failed" and offloading
@ 2021-03-06 10:12 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-03-06 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Léo Le Bouter; +Cc: 46952

Hi,

Léo Le Bouter <lle-bout@zaclys.net> skribis:

> I noticed using --keep-failed implies that offloading is disabled. For
> development of GNU Guix I offload all compilation from my laptop to a
> powerful server, not having offload with --keep-failed makes it
> troublesome to debug issues.
>
> I don't know if it's easy to implement but would be nice to download
> the temporary build directory along with all dependents at the end of
> the build instead of disabling offloading.
>
> What do you think?

One could check whether the build tree can be retrieved from (guix
scripts offload); it might be inconvenient, but probably doable.

Thanks,
Ludo’.