all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#38887: sassc has a memory leak
@ 2020-01-03  4:48 Jesse Gibbons
From: Jesse Gibbons @ 2020-01-03  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 38887

* bug#38887: sassc has a memory leak
@ 2020-01-08 13:50 ` Jesse Gibbons
From: Jesse Gibbons @ 2020-01-08 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 38887

Somehow this sent without the details I typed out. Sorry for that...

When I try to build arc-theme and leave it to run, the entire system
eventually freezes. When I monitor how much memory it takes, I see that
it spawns a sassc process that eventually takes all 30 GB of the RAM
not taken by GNOME and the other services.

When I sent the initial bug report, I found an upstream github issue
that this could be related to, but I lost it.

What should be done? If someone tries to build arc-theme or other
packages that use sassc without a timeout, their system will probably
crash from memory usage.

-Jesse

* bug#38887: sassc has a memory leak
@ 2020-01-19 17:34 ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice via Bug reports for GNU Guix