all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-09 13:40 Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-05-09 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

Hey!

Almost a year ago now [1] I mentioned that I had received a HiFive
Unmatched board, but I hadn't got it doing anything yet.

1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-06/msg00104.html

In the last few days I've made some time to take a look at it again and
try to get it connected up to the bordeaux build farm.

This has been somewhat successful, you should be able to see the machine
(named rochor) on the prototype activity viewer [2].

2: https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/activity

Unfortunately it seems a bit stuck trying to upload the build results
back to the coordinator due to the suspendable ports issues in
guile-gnutls, but that should be fixed in the latest release so
hopefully I'll be able to deploy that fix soon.

It's also just currently a bare board hooked up to a spare power supply
I have. I'll try and cost up a dedicated power supply plus case for it,
and if anyone has suggestions for minimal mini-itx compatible cases,
please let me know!

This is a start, but more hardware will be needed to keep up with the
master branch, plus testing patches and other branches, so if you have
hardware to hand, or know of hardware available for purchase that might
be suitable, that would be really useful to know about.

Thanks,

Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-09 14:09 ` Efraim Flashner
                   ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2023-05-09 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 02:40:21PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
> Hey!
>
> Almost a year ago now [1] I mentioned that I had received a HiFive
> Unmatched board, but I hadn't got it doing anything yet.
>
> 1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-06/msg00104.html

Some would say that's almost two years ago!

> In the last few days I've made some time to take a look at it again and
> try to get it connected up to the bordeaux build farm.
>
> This has been somewhat successful, you should be able to see the machine
> (named rochor) on the prototype activity viewer [2].
>
> 2: https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/activity
>
> Unfortunately it seems a bit stuck trying to upload the build results
> back to the coordinator due to the suspendable ports issues in
> guile-gnutls, but that should be fixed in the latest release so
> hopefully I'll be able to deploy that fix soon.
>
> It's also just currently a bare board hooked up to a spare power supply
> I have. I'll try and cost up a dedicated power supply plus case for it,
> and if anyone has suggestions for minimal mini-itx compatible cases,
> please let me know!
>
> This is a start, but more hardware will be needed to keep up with the
> master branch, plus testing patches and other branches, so if you have
> hardware to hand, or know of hardware available for purchase that might
> be suitable, that would be really useful to know about.

That's really exciting!

I've been having good luck with the visionfive1 as a build machine. My
visionfive2 gets a little hot and I'm looking at getting a desk fan to
blow at it and some of the other boards that get a bit hot while
building.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-09 14:19 ` 宋文武
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: 宋文武 @ 2023-05-09 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:

> This is a start, but more hardware will be needed to keep up with the
> master branch, plus testing patches and other branches, so if you have
> hardware to hand, or know of hardware available for purchase that might
> be suitable, that would be really useful to know about.

Hello I have a visionfive2 4GiB memory model with a nvme disk, does it
suitable to join the guix build farm?  My home network is behind NAT.

Thank you!

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-09 14:22   ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-05-09 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Efraim Flashner; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 02:40:21PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> Hey!
>>
>> Almost a year ago now [1] I mentioned that I had received a HiFive
>> Unmatched board, but I hadn't got it doing anything yet.
>>
>> 1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-06/msg00104.html
>
> Some would say that's almost two years ago!

Indeed, I got my maths wrong! Time is really getting on :/

>> In the last few days I've made some time to take a look at it again and
>> try to get it connected up to the bordeaux build farm.
>>
>> This has been somewhat successful, you should be able to see the machine
>> (named rochor) on the prototype activity viewer [2].
>>
>> 2: https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/activity
>>
>> Unfortunately it seems a bit stuck trying to upload the build results
>> back to the coordinator due to the suspendable ports issues in
>> guile-gnutls, but that should be fixed in the latest release so
>> hopefully I'll be able to deploy that fix soon.
>>
>> It's also just currently a bare board hooked up to a spare power supply
>> I have. I'll try and cost up a dedicated power supply plus case for it,
>> and if anyone has suggestions for minimal mini-itx compatible cases,
>> please let me know!
>>
>> This is a start, but more hardware will be needed to keep up with the
>> master branch, plus testing patches and other branches, so if you have
>> hardware to hand, or know of hardware available for purchase that might
>> be suitable, that would be really useful to know about.
>
> That's really exciting!
>
> I've been having good luck with the visionfive1 as a build machine. My
> visionfive2 gets a little hot and I'm looking at getting a desk fan to
> blow at it and some of the other boards that get a bit hot while
> building.

Cool, well let me know if any of those can be hooked up to the build
farm. It's quite easy and obviously you can still use them (and just
stop the build coordinator agent) if you need to.

@ 2023-05-09 14:27   ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-05-09 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 宋文武; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

宋文武 <iyzsong@envs.net> writes:

> Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:
>
>> This is a start, but more hardware will be needed to keep up with the
>> master branch, plus testing patches and other branches, so if you have
>> hardware to hand, or know of hardware available for purchase that might
>> be suitable, that would be really useful to know about.
>
> Hello I have a visionfive2 4GiB memory model with a nvme disk, does it
> suitable to join the guix build farm?  My home network is behind NAT.

Yes! At least in my opinion.

Ideally the build machines would be owned by guix-europe, but that's
something to look at sorting out once it's up and running.

The NAT is no problem, the build coordinator (intentionally) has very
few requirements.

The first hurdle to overcome is just getting the build coordinator agent
available on the system. For the board I have, I cross compiled the
guix-build-coordinator-agent-only package, then used guix archive to
copy it and all the dependencies across but any approach that works is
fine.

Once you've got that far, let me know and I can privately send you the
arguments to use when running the agent.

Thanks!

Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-09 14:29 ` Felix Lechner via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution.
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Felix Lechner via Development of GNU Guix and the GNU System distribution. @ 2023-05-09 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

Hi,

On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 6:51 AM Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:

> Unfortunately it seems a bit stuck trying to upload the build results
> back to the coordinator due to the suspendable ports issues in
> guile-gnutls

While I'm totally unfamiliar with the build farm, I thought I'd give a
quick shoutout to ZeroMQ. [1] I had great success with it in similar
settings.

"Sometimes you just need a better socket" was the motto of the lead
developer and advocate Pieter Hintjens, who unfortunately left too
soon. ZeroMQ performs well when compared with other messaging systems.
[2][3][4]

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://zeromq.org/
[2] https://indico.cern.ch/event/354137/contributions/1763290/subcontributions/153483/attachments/701686/963362/ZeroMQ-tCSC-Aram.pdf
[3] https://www-acc.gsi.de/wiki/pub/Frontend/MeetingCMW130425/CHEP-2012-NewCERNcontrolsMiddleware.pdf
[4] https://accelconf.web.cern.ch/icalepcs2017/papers/mobpl05.pdf

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-09 14:33   ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-05-09 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Felix Lechner; +Cc: guix-devel

Felix Lechner <felix.lechner@lease-up.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2023 at 6:51 AM Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:
>>
>> Unfortunately it seems a bit stuck trying to upload the build results
>> back to the coordinator due to the suspendable ports issues in
>> guile-gnutls
>
> While I'm totally unfamiliar with the build farm, I thought I'd give a
> quick shoutout to ZeroMQ. [1] I had great success with it in similar
> settings.
>
> "Sometimes you just need a better socket" was the motto of the lead
> developer and advocate Pieter Hintjens, who unfortunately left too
> soon. ZeroMQ performs well when compared with other messaging systems.
> [2][3][4]

Thanks for the suggestion Felix.

Generally though, I'm trying to avoid any dependencies for the build
coordinator agent, since that should help to avoid problems with
portability. Ideally it wouldn't have any dependencies other than the
guix package itself (and the things it requires).

This issue should be fixed in the latest release, and I've been running
that on one of the build machines and it's been working great, so I'm
quite excited :)

Thanks again,

Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2023-05-09 15:20 ` Janneke Nieuwenhuizen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen @ 2023-05-09 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

Christopher Baines writes:

Hi Chris,

> Almost a year ago now [1] I mentioned that I had received a HiFive
> Unmatched board, but I hadn't got it doing anything yet.
>
> 1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-06/msg00104.html
>
> In the last few days I've made some time to take a look at it again and
> try to get it connected up to the bordeaux build farm.
>
> This has been somewhat successful, you should be able to see the machine
> (named rochor) on the prototype activity viewer [2].

That's lovely!  Because of my the Mes release that should have initial
RISC-V support I've been looking for RISC-V substitutes.  The good folks
over at #bootstrappable advised me to just build using QEMU, the
consensus was that gave dependable results....

However, I found that many packages have failing tests, mostly related
to stack (overflow) checks.  I looked at wip-riscv but that seems to be
1.5y old...so I've building and disabling tests over at

    https://gitlab.com/janneke/guix/-/tree/wip-riscv

Hopefully all this isn't necessary when using real RISC-V hardware!

Greetings,
Janneke

--
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-09 15:24     ` Aleksandr Vityazev
From: Aleksandr Vityazev @ 2023-05-09 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: Efraim Flashner, guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

Hi,

On 2023-05-09, 15:22 +0100, Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:

> Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:
>
>> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
>> On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 02:40:21PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
>>> Hey!
>>>
>>> Almost a year ago now [1] I mentioned that I had received a HiFive
>>> Unmatched board, but I hadn't got it doing anything yet.
>>>
>>> 1: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2021-06/msg00104.html
>>
>> Some would say that's almost two years ago!
>
> Indeed, I got my maths wrong! Time is really getting on :/
>
>>> In the last few days I've made some time to take a look at it again and
>>> try to get it connected up to the bordeaux build farm.
>>>
>>> This has been somewhat successful, you should be able to see the machine
>>> (named rochor) on the prototype activity viewer [2].
>>>
>>> 2: https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org/activity
>>>
>>> Unfortunately it seems a bit stuck trying to upload the build results
>>> back to the coordinator due to the suspendable ports issues in
>>> guile-gnutls, but that should be fixed in the latest release so
>>> hopefully I'll be able to deploy that fix soon.
>>>
>>> It's also just currently a bare board hooked up to a spare power supply
>>> I have. I'll try and cost up a dedicated power supply plus case for it,
>>> and if anyone has suggestions for minimal mini-itx compatible cases,
>>> please let me know!
>>>
>>> This is a start, but more hardware will be needed to keep up with the
>>> master branch, plus testing patches and other branches, so if you have
>>> hardware to hand, or know of hardware available for purchase that might
>>> be suitable, that would be really useful to know about.
>>
>> That's really exciting!
>>
>> I've been having good luck with the visionfive1 as a build machine. My
>> visionfive2 gets a little hot and I'm looking at getting a desk fan to
>> blow at it and some of the other boards that get a bit hot while
>> building.

I also use visionfive2 as my build machine. Quite happy with it.  I have
a fairly large heatsink installed without a fan, the temperature does
not exceed 60 degrees at full load.

> Cool, well let me know if any of those can be hooked up to the build
> farm. It's quite easy and obviously you can still use them (and just
> stop the build coordinator agent) if you need to.

I'd give it a try. Although now there is only a 256GB ssd plugged in and
no dedicated ip address. I don't know how the coordinator works, maybe
it doesn't matter, I need to see how it all works.

--
Best regards,
Aleksandr Vityazev

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-09 15:41       ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-05-09 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aleksandr Vityazev; +Cc: guix-devel

Aleksandr Vityazev <avityazew@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I've been having good luck with the visionfive1 as a build machine. My
>>> visionfive2 gets a little hot and I'm looking at getting a desk fan to
>>> blow at it and some of the other boards that get a bit hot while
>>> building.
>
> I also use visionfive2 as my build machine. Quite happy with it.  I have
> a fairly large heatsink installed without a fan, the temperature does
> not exceed 60 degrees at full load.
>
>> Cool, well let me know if any of those can be hooked up to the build
>> farm. It's quite easy and obviously you can still use them (and just
>> stop the build coordinator agent) if you need to.
>>

> I'd give it a try. Although now there is only a 256GB ssd plugged in and
> no dedicated ip address. I don't know how the coordinator works, maybe
> it doesn't matter, I need to see how it all works.

Cool :) 256GB is enough storage space, and there's no requirement for a
dedicated IP address.

@ 2023-05-09 15:57       ` Efraim Flashner
From: Efraim Flashner @ 2023-05-09 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aleksandr Vityazev; +Cc: Christopher Baines, guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 06:24:11PM +0300, Aleksandr Vityazev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2023-05-09, 15:22 +0100, Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:
>
> > Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:
> >
> >> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]

> >> Some would say that's almost two years ago!
> >
> > Indeed, I got my maths wrong! Time is really getting on :/

> >> That's really exciting!
> >>
> >> I've been having good luck with the visionfive1 as a build machine. My
> >> visionfive2 gets a little hot and I'm looking at getting a desk fan to
> >> blow at it and some of the other boards that get a bit hot while
> >> building.
>
> I also use visionfive2 as my build machine. Quite happy with it.  I have
> a fairly large heatsink installed without a fan, the temperature does
> not exceed 60 degrees at full load.

Where did you get the heatsink from? Something generic or from the
makers of the visionfive2?

--
Efraim Flashner   <efraim@flashner.co.il>   פלשנר אפרים

@ 2023-05-09 16:26         ` Aleksandr Vityazev
From: Aleksandr Vityazev @ 2023-05-09 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Efraim Flashner; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2023-05-09, 18:57 +0300, Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> wrote:

> On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 06:24:11PM +0300, Aleksandr Vityazev wrote:
>> Hi,

>> > Indeed, I got my maths wrong! Time is really getting on :/

>> I also use visionfive2 as my build machine. Quite happy with it.  I have
>> a fairly large heatsink installed without a fan, the temperature does
>> not exceed 60 degrees at full load.
>
> Where did you get the heatsink from? Something generic or from the
> makers of the visionfive2?

I bought a generic one at the marketplace.

@ 2023-05-09 18:33         ` Aleksandr Vityazev
From: Aleksandr Vityazev @ 2023-05-09 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

On 2023-05-09, 16:41 +0100, Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:

>> I also use visionfive2 as my build machine. Quite happy with it.  I have
>> a fairly large heatsink installed without a fan, the temperature does
>> not exceed 60 degrees at full load.
>>
>>> Cool, well let me know if any of those can be hooked up to the build
>>> farm. It's quite easy and obviously you can still use them (and just
>>> stop the build coordinator agent) if you need to.
>>>

>> I'd give it a try. Although now there is only a 256GB ssd plugged in and
>> no dedicated ip address. I don't know how the coordinator works, maybe
>> it doesn't matter, I need to see how it all works.
>
> Cool :) 256GB is enough storage space, and there's no requirement for a
> dedicated IP address.

I built guix-build-coordinator-agent-only version 0-75.d6ae42. Right now
my system is on commit - 896982f357034e3e53fe05f86c416835adffda0c. Doing
guix pull from 3f02f7d937a862d98367029e2d3506b228c6c80e, this will take
a while. If the agent version is not important I can try to run the
service.

--
Best regards,
Aleksandr Vityazev

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2023-05-10  9:05 ` Andreas Enge
From: Andreas Enge @ 2023-05-10  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

Hello!

Am Tue, May 09, 2023 at 02:40:21PM +0100 schrieb Christopher Baines:
> This has been somewhat successful, you should be able to see the machine
> (named rochor) on the prototype activity viewer [2].

These are exciting news!

Does it mean that this bug, for instance:
   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50091
can be closed? And maybe others closed or solved that come up when looking
for risc?

Andreas

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-10  9:24   ` Christopher Baines
From: Christopher Baines @ 2023-05-10  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Enge; +Cc: guix-devel

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Am Tue, May 09, 2023 at 02:40:21PM +0100 schrieb Christopher Baines:
>> This has been somewhat successful, you should be able to see the machine
>> (named rochor) on the prototype activity viewer [2].
>
> These are exciting news!
>
> Does it mean that this bug, for instance:
>    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/50091
> can be closed? And maybe others closed or solved that come up when looking
> for risc?

I guess #50091 was fixed when RISC-V support was added, I don't know
exactly when that happened though.

@ 2023-05-10 12:44     ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2023-05-10 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:

> The NAT is no problem, the build coordinator (intentionally) has very
> few requirements.

That's great.

> The first hurdle to overcome is just getting the build coordinator agent
> available on the system. For the board I have, I cross compiled the
> guix-build-coordinator-agent-only package.

Okay, now I installed guix from debian on my visionfive2, and start
compiling for it.

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2023-05-11 11:15 ` 郑俊杰
From: 郑俊杰 @ 2023-05-11 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel, guix-sysadmin

hello i have a cache.z572.online have some substitutes use licheepi 4a for guix offload

Maybe can join build farm.

Maybe you can see https://milkv.io/pioneer

@ 2023-05-12 16:35   ` Z572
From: Z572 @ 2023-05-12 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-sysadmin, guix-devel

try retry send.

Hello, i have a substitute server have 3.2% substitutes available, maybe
someone need, see https://cache.z572.online . use licheepi 4a, maybe can join build farm.

[-- Attachment #2: 截图 2023-05-13 00-36-15.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 12818 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: 4a.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 88662 bytes --]

--
over

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-13  3:34       ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2023-05-13  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

宋文武 <iyzsong@envs.net> writes:

> Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> writes:

>> The first hurdle to overcome is just getting the build coordinator agent
>> available on the system. For the board I have, I cross compiled the
>> guix-build-coordinator-agent-only package.
>
> Okay, now I installed guix from debian on my visionfive2, and start
> compiling for it.

I got 'guix-build-coordinator-agent-only' built now, running it (with
--help) will segfault though..

How to run it to connect to the coordinator?

Also my net speed to ci/bordeaux is unuseable, i guess this will prevent
use my sbc as a build agent for the official build farm?

A friend (Z572 from #guixcn) of mime had setup a coordinator /
substitute server of riscv64 (running guix system) at
https://cache.z572.online.  I tried connect to it with:

```
guix-build-coordinator-agent  \
  --uuid=XXXX \
  --password=XXXX \
  --coordinator=https://cache.z572.online/agent \
  --substitute-urls='https://cache.z572.online'
```

but got:
```
locale is C.UTF-8
(gnutls version: 3.7.7, guix version: 1.4.0-6.dc5430c)
skipping writing metrics as /var/lib/prometheus/node-exporter does not exist
2023-05-13 11:27:16 (INFO ): starting agent 07949cb9-27e0-4cab-a1be-4a6468767835
2023-05-13 11:27:16 (INFO ): connecting to coordinator https://cache.z572.online/agent
Backtrace:
           2 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/5ijyqpfl667585pjyh8izvwkipfaaw4b-guix-build-coordinator-agent-only-0-81.3f6473c/bin/.guix-build-coordinator-agent-real")
In guix-build-coordinator/agent.scm:
    499:7  1 (run-agent _ #<<http-agent-interface> 3f7d38d0a0> ("riscv64-linux") _ #f _ _ _ _ _)
In srfi/srfi-43.scm:
Exception thrown while printing backtrace:
In procedure vector-ref: Argument 2 out of range: 14

srfi/srfi-43.scm:968:7: vector->list: expected vector, got #f
```

Maybe my arguments or his endpoint is wrong.

Help need, thank you!

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-13  3:49         ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2023-05-13  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel

宋文武 <iyzsong@envs.net> writes:

> A friend (Z572 from #guixcn) of mime had setup a coordinator /
> substitute server of riscv64 (running guix system) at
> https://cache.z572.online.

Well, he has a vps virtual machine (x86_64) running guix system, but
offload to a riscv64 licheepi 4a for building now...

* Re: RISC-V (riscv64-linux) substitutes are coming
@ 2023-05-13 10:15         ` 宋文武
From: 宋文武 @ 2023-05-13 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Baines; +Cc: guix-devel, Z572

宋文武 <iyzsong@envs.net> writes:

> I got 'guix-build-coordinator-agent-only' built now, running it (with
> --help) will segfault though..
>

> How to run it to connect to the coordinator?

Update, now it running fine with:
```
guix-build-coordinator-agent  \
  --uuid=XXXX \
  --password=XXXX \
  --coordinator=https://rack.z572.online \
  --substitute-urls='https://data.guix.gnu.org https://cache.z572.online https://mirrors.sjtug.sjtu.edu.cn/guix/'
```

So, Z572 (his email seems to be blocked the mailing lists..) has setup a
guix-build-coordinator with
guix-build-coordinator-queue-builds-service-type, derivations fetched
from data.guix.gnu.org.  Then next we'd like to make our riscv64
machines to join the offical build farm.  Does the agent machine have to
belong to guix committer?