all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* EFI entry got removed after system reconfigure
@ 2018-07-05  7:39 Roel Janssen
From: Roel Janssen @ 2018-07-05  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Dear Guix,

I ran:
$ guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm

Which succeeded.  Then rebooted, to find that my computer wouldn't boot
anymore due to a missing EFI entry.

So I created a new entry from a LiveUSB using “efibootmgr” to boot into
GuixSD again.  Is this a known problem, and will it happen again when I
reconfigure the system?

Kind regards,
Roel Janssen

* Re: EFI entry got removed after system reconfigure
@ 2018-07-05  8:12 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2018-07-05  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roel Janssen; +Cc: help-guix

Le 2018-07-05 09:39, Roel Janssen a écrit :
> Dear Guix,
>
> I ran:
> $ guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
>
> Which succeeded.  Then rebooted, to find that my computer wouldn't boot
> anymore due to a missing EFI entry.
>
> So I created a new entry from a LiveUSB using “efibootmgr” to boot into
> GuixSD again.  Is this a known problem, and will it happen again when I
> reconfigure the system?
>
> Kind regards,
> Roel Janssen

Hi Roel,

this shouldn't happen. Can you share your configuration?

* Re: EFI entry got removed after system reconfigure
@ 2018-07-05  8:31 ` Oleg Pykhalov
From: Oleg Pykhalov @ 2018-07-05  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roel Janssen; +Cc: help-guix

Hello Roel,

Roel Janssen <roel@gnu.org> writes:

[…]

> So I created a new entry from a LiveUSB using “efibootmgr” to boot into
> GuixSD again.  Is this a known problem […]?

I had this issue a long time ago. [1]

I didn't take an attention on output as I remember.  Did you?  :-)

[1]  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-10/msg00035.html

Oleg.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: EFI entry got removed after system reconfigure
@ 2018-07-05 14:21   ` Roel Janssen
From: Roel Janssen @ 2018-07-05 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleg Pykhalov; +Cc: help-guix

Oleg Pykhalov <go.wigust@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Roel,
>
> Roel Janssen <roel@gnu.org> writes:
>
> […]
>
>> So I created a new entry from a LiveUSB using “efibootmgr” to boot into
>> GuixSD again.  Is this a known problem […]?
>
> I had this issue a long time ago. [1]
>
> I didn't take an attention on output as I remember.  Did you?  :-)
>
> [1]  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2017-10/msg00035.html
>
> Oleg.

This looks like the same issue.  And that “efibootmgr” command looks
awfully familiar :).

I didn't pay enough attention to the output of 'guix system reconfigure'
to notice anything strange, so I don't know if a problem had been
indicated.

@ 2018-07-10 12:55     ` Marius Bakke
From: Marius Bakke @ 2018-07-10 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roel Janssen, Oleg Pykhalov; +Cc: help-guix