all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#33859: ghc-conduit-extra build fails
@ 2018-12-24 15:54 Gabriel Hondet
From: Gabriel Hondet @ 2018-12-24 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 33859

Hello,

I've been trying to compile ghc-conduit-extra since it is needed by
ghc-xmonad-extra and xmobar.  The build fails the following way (sorry
for the poor layout):

Building library for conduit-extra-1.3.0..                                                                                      [0/1051]
[ 1 of 13] Compiling Data.Conduit.Attoparsec ( Data/Conduit/Attoparsec.hs, dist/build/Data/Conduit/Attoparsec.o )

Data/Conduit/Attoparsec.hs:99:14: error:
    • Couldn't match type ‘text-1.2.3.0:Data.Text.Internal.Text’
                     with ‘TI.Text’
      NB: ‘TI.Text’
            is defined in ‘Data.Text.Internal’ in package ‘text-1.2.3.0’
          ‘text-1.2.3.0:Data.Text.Internal.Text’
            is defined in ‘Data.Text.Internal’ in package ‘text-1.2.3.0’
      Expected type: A.Parser TI.Text b -> TI.Text -> A.IResult TI.Text b
        Actual type: Data.Attoparsec.Text.Parser b
                     -> text-1.2.3.0:Data.Text.Internal.Text
                     -> Data.Attoparsec.Text.Result b
    • In the expression: Data.Attoparsec.Text.parse
      In an equation for ‘parseA’: parseA = Data.Attoparsec.Text.parse
      In the instance declaration for ‘AttoparsecInput TI.Text’

99 |     parseA = Data.Attoparsec.Text.parse

As far as I'm concerned, the error seems to be in the haskell package
more than in the guix build process, but downgrading to previous version
is not really feasible considering the number of dependencies.
Could someone confirm that the error comes indeed from the haskell
package, and thus motivate a bug report on hackage?

Thanks

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* bug#33859: ghc-conduit-extra build fails
@ 2019-01-23 10:13 ` Gabriel Hondet
From: Gabriel Hondet @ 2019-01-23 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 33859-done