all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How do I install libgcc_s in a container?
@ 2023-08-24 15:00 Jonas Møller via
From: Jonas Møller via @ 2023-08-24 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix@gnu.org

Hi! I'm trying to follow along with https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2023/the-filesystem-hierarchy-standard-comes-to-guix-containers/

But I'm unable to install libgcc_s, as lib is no longer an output of gcc-toolchain, so I can't manage to run any foreign binaries.

* Re: How do I install libgcc_s in a container?
@ 2023-09-03 15:30 ` Wujun Li
From: Wujun Li @ 2023-09-03 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Møller, help-guix@gnu.org

   You can try the package: libgccjit

     [1]https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2023/the-filesystem-hierarchy-standa
     rd-comes-to-guix-containers/
     But I'm unable to install libgcc_s, as lib is no longer an output of
     gcc-toolchain, so I can't manage to run any foreign binaries.

References

@ 2023-09-05 15:07 ` Simon Tournier
From: Simon Tournier @ 2023-09-05 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Møller, help-guix@gnu.org

Hi,

On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 at 15:00, Jonas Møller via <help-guix@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi! I'm trying to follow along with https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2023/the-filesystem-hierarchy-standard-comes-to-guix-containers/
>
> But I'm unable to install libgcc_s, as lib is no longer an output of gcc-toolchain, so I can't manage to run any foreign binaries.

Well, I am not sure and maybe it is related to the discussions:

        gcc-toolchain is missing libstdc++.so
        Christopher Rodriguez <yewscion@gmail.com>
        Thu, 04 May 2023 10:46:06 -0400
        id:pkmp4emt2km9nz.fsf@u6908d19b746052.ant.amazon.com
        https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-05
        https://yhetil.org/guix/pkmp4emt2km9nz.fsf@u6908d19b746052.ant.amazon.com

        Re: gcc-toolchain is missing libstdc++.so
        John Kehayias <john.kehayias@protonmail.com>
        Thu, 04 May 2023 21:50:00 +0000
        id:87sfcbzrzy.fsf@protonmail.com
        https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2023-05
        https://yhetil.org/guix/87sfcbzrzy.fsf@protonmail.com

        bug#63258: GCC package lacks librt.so (and instead only provides versioned librt.so.1)
        Mekeor Melire <mekeor@posteo.de>
        Thu, 04 May 2023 09:16:17 +0000
        id:87ttwscuow.fsf@posteo.de
        https://issues.guix.gnu.org//63258