all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#31779: gitweb PERL5LIB needs to include Perl version subdirectory
@ 2018-06-10 22:13 Ricardo Wurmus
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2018-06-10 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 31779

The “git” package provides “gitweb”, which is wrapped in PERL5LIB.
Gitweb has broken some time ago and now fails with an error about CGI.pm
not being found.

The reason seems to be that the Perl version sub-directory is not
searched for CGI.pm.  The directory that gitweb.cgi is wrapped with
stops at “site_perl”, but it really should be “site_perl/5.26.1”.

--
Ricardo

* bug#31779: gitweb PERL5LIB needs to include Perl version subdirectory
@ 2021-09-25  0:16 ` Sarah Morgensen
From: Sarah Morgensen @ 2021-09-25  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ricardo Wurmus; +Cc: 31779

Hello Ricardo,

I found this old bug...

> The “git” package provides “gitweb”, which is wrapped in PERL5LIB.
> Gitweb has broken some time ago and now fails with an error about CGI.pm
> not being found.
>
> The reason seems to be that the Perl version sub-directory is not
> searched for CGI.pm.  The directory that gitweb.cgi is wrapped with
> stops at “site_perl”, but it really should be “site_perl/5.26.1”.
>
> --
> Ricardo

While the value of PERL5LIB hasn't changed, I am able to run

  git instaweb --httpd=lighttpd

and access the gitweb interface from there.  Can you still reproduce
this?

--
Sarah