all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* guix bisect
@ 2022-11-04  0:18 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-11-04  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Devel

hi,

do we have something similar to nix-bisect but for guix?

* https://github.com/timokau/nix-bisect

* Re: guix bisect
@ 2022-11-04  9:36 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-11-04  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jgart, Guix Devel

Hi,

On Thu, 03 Nov 2022 at 19:18, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:

> do we have something similar to nix-bisect but for guix?
>
> * https://github.com/timokau/nix-bisect

Nothing I am aware.  I mean nothing using ~/.cache/guix/checkouts.

However, it is easy to run the same thing from the development checkout.
I had (still have?) some Bash script for bisecting.

Well, I do not remember and I have not checked if the returned code of
“guix weather” is specified.  If not, it could make the Bash script more
annoying.

Last, this bisection of build failures is already provided by the Data
Service. For instance, see [1].  It currently only uses the Bordeaux
build farm and probably some work to add Berlin but doable, I guess.

1: https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/freecad/output-history

There is many tools from the Nix ecosystem that could be implemented as
Guix extensions.  That’s where Guix shines: it is continuous from core
Guix to package definition or to scripts.

Cheers,
simon