all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* lxqt-session permission issue
@ 2019-05-18  7:38 Reza Alizadeh Majd
From: Reza Alizadeh Majd @ 2019-05-18  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix,

It's a while I'm working on LXQt on Guix to improve and fix issues that
might occur during it's usage.

one of these issues is that when LXQt copies default openbox related
configuration file (lxqt-rc.xml) it doesn't set proper permissions for it.

I assumed that it might because of readonly nature of files inside store,
for this I propose following patch for `lxqt-session` package:

(add-after 'unpack 'patch-openbox-permission
           (lambda _
	     (substitute* "startlxqt.in"
               (("cp \"\\$LXQT_DEFAULT_OPENBOX_CONFIG\" \"\\$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/openbox\"")
		(string-append
			       "cp \"$LXQT_DEFAULT_OPENBOX_CONFIG\" \"$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/openbox\"\n"
		               "        # GUIX permission modification\n"
			       "        chmod -R 755 \"$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/openbox\"")))
	     #t))

now, I want to know if this could be an acceptable patch to submit to
guix package repository or not ?

Thanks,
Reza

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-05-18  7:38 UTC | newest]