all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* GNOME Videos
@ 2019-05-15 16:22 Raghav Gururajan
From: Raghav Gururajan @ 2019-05-15 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix!

When I open .mp4 videos in GNOME's default video player, I am getting an error "An audio or video stream is not handled due to missing codecs. You might need to install additional plugins to be able to play some types of movies".

How to install and enable plugins?

Thank you!

Regards,
RG.

* Re: GNOME Videos
@ 2019-05-15 16:27 ` Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice @ 2019-05-15 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix, Raghav Gururajan

Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan wrote:
> How to install and enable plugins?

Try installing the "gstreamer", "gst-libav", "gst-plugins-base",
and "gst-plugins-good" packages.

(I'm an MPV user myself, so the above might be overkill, not
enough, or anything inbetween.)

Kind regards,

T G-R

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: GNOME Videos
@ 2019-05-15 16:59 ` Raghav Gururajan
From: Raghav Gururajan @ 2019-05-15 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice, help-guix

> Try installing the "gstreamer", "gst-libav", "gst-plugins-base", and "gst-plugins-good" packages.
>
> (I'm an MPV user myself, so the above might be overkill, not enough, or anything inbetween.)

They did not work :( May be, is there any specific directory where the app look for plugins? If so, could you please make a patch to include the required plugins in the app package itself?

Regards,
RG.

* Re: GNOME Videos
@ 2019-05-16  3:19   ` ison
From: ison @ 2019-05-16  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Raghav Gururajan; +Cc: help-guix

Perhaps you also need gst-plugins-bad and gst-plugins-ugly
You might also try installing gst-transcoder too
I have all of these installed along with the ones mentioned earlier.

* Re: GNOME Videos
@ 2019-05-16  4:32   ` Raghav Gururajan
From: Raghav Gururajan @ 2019-05-16  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ison; +Cc: help-guix

> Perhaps you also need gst-plugins-bad and gst-plugins-ugly
> You might also try installing gst-transcoder too
> I have all of these installed along with the ones mentioned earlier.

Thanks! I will try those :)