all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* adding files to xorg.conf.d
@ 2018-01-20 20:01 Martin Castillo
From: Martin Castillo @ 2018-01-20 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

hi,

I want to add one file to xorg.conf.d, but can't find the right way to
do so. my current solution just appends my xsettings to xorg.conf:

(define cyborg-quirk
"Section \"InputClass\"
#yadayada
EndSection")

(define %my-xorg-conf
        (xorg-configuration-file #:extra-config (list cyborg-quirk)))

(define %my-startx
        (xorg-start-command #:configuration-file %my-xorg-conf))

(define %my-services
       ;; My very own list of services.
       (modify-services %desktop-services
         (slim-service-type config =>
                            (slim-configuration
                              (inherit config)
                              (startx %my-startx)))))

currently, xorg.conf.d is created by a function that gets a list of
X-modules or so. but it doesn't seem like there is any interface to
pass any of these functions a gexp that evaluates to a file or so. Is my
observation correct? If yes, is this wanted?

Martin

* Re: adding files to xorg.conf.d
@ 2018-01-22  6:30 ` Chris Marusich
From: Chris Marusich @ 2018-01-22  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Castillo; +Cc: help-guix

Martin Castillo <castilma@uni-bremen.de> writes:

> hi,
>
> I want to add one file to xorg.conf.d, but can't find the right way to
> do so. my current solution just appends my xsettings to xorg.conf:
>
> (define cyborg-quirk
> "Section \"InputClass\"
> #yadayada
> EndSection")
>
> (define %my-xorg-conf
>         (xorg-configuration-file #:extra-config (list cyborg-quirk)))
>
> (define %my-startx
>         (xorg-start-command #:configuration-file %my-xorg-conf))
>
> (define %my-services
>        ;; My very own list of services.
>        (modify-services %desktop-services
>          (slim-service-type config =>
>                             (slim-configuration
>                               (inherit config)
>                               (startx %my-startx)))))
>

> currently, xorg.conf.d is created by a function that gets a list of
> X-modules or so. but it doesn't seem like there is any interface to
> pass any of these functions a gexp that evaluates to a file or so. Is my
> observation correct? If yes, is this wanted?

This is the only way I know of right now to customize the Xorg config.
For example, this same solution was recommended here, also:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2017-06/msg00264.html

Does this solution not solve your problem?

--
Chris

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: adding files to xorg.conf.d