all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Screen doesn't lock on lid close in XFCE
@ 2019-07-07 22:49 Jonathan Frederickson
From: Jonathan Frederickson @ 2019-07-07 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I recently tried switching from Gnome to XFCE on my X230. Almost
everything still works as expected, but I haven't been able to get the
screen locker to activate when closing the lid. If I suspend my laptop
using the sleep hotkey (Fn-F4), xlock is active when I resume the
laptop. However, if I suspend by closing the lid, no screen locker has
started when I resume.

I do have "Lock screen when system is going for sleep" checked in
Settings -> Power Manager -> System. My current system config can be
found here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jfrederickson/dotfiles/master/guix/guix/system.scm

I tried searching the list archives to see if anyone else has
encountered this, but didn't find anything. I don't see anything
that looks relevant in /var/log/messages, though I could be missing
something. Has anyone seen this before/know the fix?

* Re: Screen doesn't lock on lid close in XFCE
@ 2019-07-14 19:47 ` swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2019-07-14 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Frederickson, help-guix

On 2019-07-08 00:49, Jonathan Frederickson wrote:
> I recently tried switching from Gnome to XFCE on my X230. Almost
> everything still works as expected, but I haven't been able to get the
> screen locker to activate when closing the lid. If I suspend my laptop
> using the sleep hotkey (Fn-F4), xlock is active when I resume the
> laptop. However, if I suspend by closing the lid, no screen locker has
> started when I resume.
>
> I do have "Lock screen when system is going for sleep" checked in
> Settings -> Power Manager -> System. My current system config can be
> found here:
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jfrederickson/dotfiles/master/guix/guix/system.scm
>
> I tried searching the list archives to see if anyone else has
> encountered this, but didn't find anything. I don't see anything
> that looks relevant in /var/log/messages, though I could be missing
> something. Has anyone seen this before/know the fix?

Could you report this in the bug-tracker?

--
Cheers
Swedebugia