all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Ocamlfind doesn't find arbitrary library
@ 2023-09-21 15:08 Garek Dyszel
From: Garek Dyszel @ 2023-09-21 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix,

While trying to get Coq to find a certain package that is part of its
dependency chain, I stumbled upon the following seemingly-general
problem. It seems that Ocaml packages are not in general detected by
findlib.

Probably I'm missing something really simple because I'm not too
familiar with Ocaml, but it looks to me to be maybe a Guix-specific
problem.

Thanks for any and all help!
Garek

---
Command from which this originates:
$ guix shell ocaml-findlib ocaml-sha -- ocamlfind list
bigarray            (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
bytes               (version: [distributed with OCaml 4.02 or above])
compiler-libs       (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.bytecomp (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.common (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.native-toplevel (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.optcomp (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
compiler-libs.toplevel (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
dynlink             (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
findlib             (version: 1.9.5)
findlib.dynload     (version: 1.9.5)
findlib.internal    (version: 1.9.5)
findlib.top         (version: 1.9.5)
ocamldoc            (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
stdlib              (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
str                 (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
threads             (version: [distributed with Ocaml])
threads.none        (version: [internal])
threads.posix       (version: [internal])
unix                (version: [distributed with Ocaml])

* Re: Ocamlfind doesn't find arbitrary library
@ 2023-09-21 16:39 ` Julien Lepiller
From: Julien Lepiller @ 2023-09-21 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Garek Dyszel; +Cc: help-guix

Le Thu, 21 Sep 2023 11:08:38 -0400,
Garek Dyszel <garekdyszel@disroot.org> a écrit :

> Hi Guix,
>
> While trying to get Coq to find a certain package that is part of its
> dependency chain, I stumbled upon the following seemingly-general
> problem. It seems that Ocaml packages are not in general detected by
> findlib.
>
> Probably I'm missing something really simple because I'm not too
> familiar with Ocaml, but it looks to me to be maybe a Guix-specific
> problem.
>
> Thanks for any and all help!
> Garek
>
> ---
> Command from which this originates:
> $ guix shell ocaml-findlib ocaml-sha -- ocamlfind list

You have to add ocaml@4, otherwise Guix will not create the necessary
environment variables in the shell. With it, sha is listed.