all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Am I doing it all wrong?
@ 2022-08-27 15:34 jgart
From: jgart @ 2022-08-27 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix Help

Hi,

This is what I do to work on GNU Guix on a foreign distro:

git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git

cd guix
guix shell -D guix --container -- ./bootstrap
guix shell -D guix --container -- ./configure --localstatedir=/var
guix shell -D guix --container -- make
guix shell --container --network coreutils vis ripgrep rlwrap -D guix --share=/var/guix/

Should I be doing anything differently in the above for setting up a dev environment for guix hacking?

--
jgart