all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Substitute authorization and binaries
@ 2018-11-05  1:33 brettg
From: brettg @ 2018-11-05  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hi all, I authorized guix to use the berlin server so I can install
guixsd
without having to build the derivations locally. The authorization to my
knowledge was successful, but when I run guix system init and pass the
substitute-urls flag to use berlin, it is still trying to build
everything locally
after downloading their source tarballs.

* Re: Substitute authorization and binaries
@ 2018-11-05  7:37 ` swedebugia
From: swedebugia @ 2018-11-05  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brettg, guix-devel, help-guix

Hi

instead. (remove guix-devel when you reply)

On 2018-11-05 02:33, brettg@posteo.net wrote:
> Hi all, I authorized guix to use the berlin server so I can install
> guixsd
> without having to build the derivations locally. The authorization to my
> knowledge was successful, but when I run guix system init and pass the
> substitute-urls flag to use berlin, it is still trying to build
> everything locally
> after downloading their source tarballs.

Please always give as much information about your environment and guix
version as possible.

Reply with output of:

$env

$which guix

$guix --version

$guix describe

and your config.scm

--
Cheers
Swedebugia

* Re: Substitute authorization and binaries
@ 2018-11-05  9:47 ` Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2018-11-05  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brettg; +Cc: guix-devel

On Mon, Nov 05, 2018 at 02:33:41AM +0100, brettg@posteo.net wrote:
> Hi all, I authorized guix to use the berlin server so I can install guixsd
> without having to build the derivations locally. The authorization to my
> knowledge was successful, but when I run guix system init and pass the
> substitute-urls flag to use berlin, it is still trying to build everything
> locally
> after downloading their source tarballs.

Also dry guix package -i something --substitute-urls="https://berlin.guixsd.org https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org" --dry-run

It should give you a list of substituted binaries. If that does not
happen there may still be a problem with the URL or the key in
/etc/guix/acl.

Pj.