all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Unreproducible packages visibility
@ 2018-07-20 15:08 EuAndreh
From: EuAndreh @ 2018-07-20 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello Guix!

I know that making all packages reproducible is a current ongoing
effort, and I've seen a few bug reports in debbugs about specific
unreproducible packages.

Is there a way to know about all unreproducible packages? Something
similar to how Debian reports[0] it's packages.

[0]: https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/reproducible.html

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Unreproducible packages visibility
@ 2018-07-20 21:24 ` Björn Höfling
From: Björn Höfling @ 2018-07-20 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 12:08:24 -0300
EuAndreh <eu@euandre.org> wrote:

> Hello Guix!
>
> I know that making all packages reproducible is a current ongoing
> effort, and I've seen a few bug reports in debbugs about specific
> unreproducible packages.
>
> Is there a way to know about all unreproducible packages? Something
> similar to how Debian reports[0] it's packages.
>
> [0]: https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/reproducible.html

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/reproducibility.html

But it is out-of-date since nearly a year. Who knows more about that
page? Ludo?

Björn

* Re: Unreproducible packages visibility
@ 2018-07-26 15:36   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2018-07-26 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Björn Höfling; +Cc: help-guix

Björn Höfling <bjoern.hoefling@bjoernhoefling.de> skribis:

> On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 12:08:24 -0300
> EuAndreh <eu@euandre.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello Guix!
>>
>> I know that making all packages reproducible is a current ongoing
>> effort, and I've seen a few bug reports in debbugs about specific
>> unreproducible packages.
>>
>> Is there a way to know about all unreproducible packages? Something
>> similar to how Debian reports[0] it's packages.
>>
>> [0]: https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/debian/reproducible.html
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/reproducibility.html
>
> But it is out-of-date since nearly a year. Who knows more about that
> page? Ludo?

Producing that page was too resource intensive for our poor
hydra.gnu.org server, so we eventually disabled it.

We’re aiming to move the web site to a new server, and we may be able to
resume this and other things on that new server.

Speaking of which, help is needed to move the server!  :-)  If you’re
interested in helping out, and you’re familiar with DNS and load
balancing and things like that, please email guix-sysadmin@gnu.org!

Ludo’.