all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Nils Gillmann <ng0@n0.is>
To: Dan Partelly <dan_partelly@rdsor.ro>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Suboptimal experience
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 18:29:32 +0000	[thread overview]

Dan Partelly transcribed 1.0K bytes:

> > Thank you for your advice :) I think you're right: we are still beta, so
> > errors are to be expected from time to time. We should fix them before we
> > go 1.0. That said, the system is robust enough that you can always recover
> > from said errors.
> >

> Good. Now, give current state of affairs combined with my lack of experience with the system I wont install it for work anywhere as some fo you guys do, but I will install it on an old laptop and I will try to build my Linux recovery images with it. This will give me time to learn it and Ill take it from here. The truth is that despite the negatives of the first encounter  the system has some characteristics that are too good to pass. And you where right when you told me that is very easy to extend and “make it your own”.
>
> Which is the right mailing list for asking question regarding packaging software, hooking into build system and so on (ofc, packaging discussion in the limit of your core values ) ?
>
> With thanks

Usually guix-devel, but depending on the matter it might also be help-guix.
We've set up help-guix for (I think) user specific questions in 2016 as well
as usability and general questions. Tinkering around the core and other
topics are for guix-devel, as well as anything development related...
or did we ever define more than a vague scope for them?
-> https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/contact/