all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Nils Gillmann <ng0@n0.is>
To: Catonano <catonano@gmail.com>
Cc: "help-guix@gnu.org" <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Live cd/dvd?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 21:19:46 +0000	[thread overview]

Catonano transcribed 1.1K bytes:
> >:
>
> > I'm a newly signed up n00b.  Do you have or plan a cd/dvd?
> >

> Te installation already is mean to be from a cd image
> I suppose you mean a live image.
>
> not that I know of, no

You will be able to build a live-cd from an existing system with the
guix provided tools. Let's say you pick a GNOME-based system as the
configuration you build your system from, then you can build a
(limited) Live CD from that. I've identified a number of limitations
over the years, but for simple usecases the resulting system would
work.

Another option you have right nowm is to download the image (could even
be the qemu image) and install one of the system configurations that
come with it into a virtual machine like qemu.

Our general .iso can be written to a flash disk with 'dd' or even
burned to a CD/DVD (a feature that was introduced some time in the
last 12 months).