all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Package request: fortune
@ 2017-02-15  3:24 Caleb Herbert
From: Caleb Herbert @ 2017-02-15  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Could someone make a package for fortune?

* Re: Package request: fortune
@ 2017-02-15 13:37 ` ng0
       [not found]   ` <b6a69627-9d7d-b331-58e3-9220177d077f@bluehome.net>
From: ng0 @ 2017-02-15 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caleb Herbert; +Cc: help-guix

On 17-02-14 21:24:06, Caleb Herbert wrote:
> Could someone make a package for fortune?

This looks like a very quick task (for me). Do you need help with
packaging this and want someones guidance? Otherwise I'd say you could
take other distros packages as inspiration/starting point. For example
archlinux: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/fortune-mod/

--
ng0 -- https://www.inventati.org/patternsinthechaos/

* Re: Package request: fortune
@ 2017-02-15 18:38   ` Mekeor Melire
       [not found]   ` <b6a69627-9d7d-b331-58e3-9220177d077f@bluehome.net>
From: Mekeor Melire @ 2017-02-15 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Am Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:37:55 +0000
schrieb ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net>:

> On 17-02-14 21:24:06, Caleb Herbert wrote:
> > Could someone make a package for fortune?
> >

> This looks like a very quick task (for me). Do you need help with
> packaging this and want someones guidance? Otherwise I'd say you could
> take other distros packages as inspiration/starting point. For example
> archlinux: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/fortune-mod/

The official repository isn't directly available anymore because http://www.redellipse.net/code/fortune is down.

We could use this maintained repository of fortune-mod on GitHub:
	https://github.com/shlomif/fortune-mod

Or we could use the latest official release, hosted by Arch or Debian.
	https://sources.archlinux.org/other/fortune-mod/
	http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fortune-mod/

It might also help to look into the Nix package definition, by the way:
	https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/tools/misc/fortune/default.nix

If nobody wants to do this, I could probably create a package for this next week.

* Re: Package request: fortune
@ 2017-02-15 19:35     ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-02-15 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mekeor Melire; +Cc: help-guix

On 17-02-15 19:38:44, Mekeor Melire wrote:
> Am Wed, 15 Feb 2017 13:37:55 +0000
> schrieb ng0 <contact.ng0@cryptolab.net>:
>
> > On 17-02-14 21:24:06, Caleb Herbert wrote:
> > > Could someone make a package for fortune?
> > >

> > This looks like a very quick task (for me). Do you need help with
> > packaging this and want someones guidance? Otherwise I'd say you could
> > take other distros packages as inspiration/starting point. For example
> > archlinux: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/fortune-mod/
>

> The official repository isn't directly available anymore because http://www.redellipse.net/code/fortune is down.

Oh, so it wasn't just me.

> We could use this maintained repository of fortune-mod on GitHub:
> 	https://github.com/shlomif/fortune-mod

I'd prefer this github, or debian without patches applied.

       [not found]           ` <8e80e065-ecf9-a7b3-afb9-4889a9cd60c0@bluehome.net>
@ 2017-02-17 19:35             ` ng0
From: ng0 @ 2017-02-17 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caleb Herbert; +Cc: help-guix

On 17-02-16 17:52:43, Caleb Herbert wrote:
> > Are you okay with continuing this conversation on-list,
>
> Yes, since a mailing list is like a forum.
>
> > or is it intentional that you leave the list out?
>
> Yes.  I didn't/don't want to clutter the thread.

I just decided I will not help you. Someone else can take on this job if
they want to.
Personal reasons.
--

@ 2017-02-19  3:15               ` Caleb Herbert
From: Caleb Herbert @ 2017-02-19  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

On 02/17/2017 01:35 PM, ng0 wrote:
> On 17-02-16 17:52:43, Caleb Herbert wrote:
>>> Are you okay with continuing this conversation on-list,
>>
>> Yes, since a mailing list is like a forum.
>>
>>> or is it intentional that you leave the list out?
>>
>> Yes.  I didn't/don't want to clutter the thread.
>
> I just decided I will not help you. Someone else can take on this job if
> they want to.
> Personal reasons.

Why were you mean?