all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* passing installation options via manifest
@ 2023-09-12 10:02 OLIVER HENRIOT
From: OLIVER HENRIOT @ 2023-09-12 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi Guix!

Is it possible to pass a flag (e.g. '--without-tests=python-distributed') to guix package from a manifest, that is without having to specify it on the command line? I have been unable to work out the syntax from the various resources I have read.

Thanks!

Oliver

Oliver Henriot OSUG - ISTerre
ISDeform / RENAg

1381 rue de la piscine
33 (0)4 57 42 18 62
[ https://www.isterre.fr/ | isterre.fr ] [ http://www.univ-grenoble-alpes.fr/ ]

* Re: passing installation options via manifest
@ 2023-09-12 10:45 ` Csepp
From: Csepp @ 2023-09-12 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OLIVER HENRIOT; +Cc: help-guix

OLIVER HENRIOT <oliver.henriot@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr> writes:

> Hi Guix!
>
> Is it possible to pass a flag (e.g.
> '--without-tests=python-distributed') to guix package from a manifest,
> that is without having to specify it on the command line? I have been
> unable to work out the syntax from the various resources I have read.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Oliver
>
> Oliver Henriot OSUG - ISTerre
> ISDeform / RENAg
>

> 1381 rue de la piscine
> 33 (0)4 57 42 18 62
> [ https://www.isterre.fr/ | isterre.fr ] [ http://www.univ-grenoble-alpes.fr/ ]

https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Defining-Package-Variants.html
search for: options->transformation

* Re: passing installation options via manifest
@ 2023-09-12 12:42   ` OLIVER HENRIOT
From: OLIVER HENRIOT @ 2023-09-12 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Csepp; +Cc: help-guix

Hi,

Thanks a ton, that's exactly the information I needed and had missed. It worked a charm, brilliant!

Cheers,